Predator on the loose on St Michael’s hill

Students urged to stay safe as a driver has reportedly been harassing female students on St Michael’s Hill at night

Students: watch out, there might be a creep on the loose. If you’re walking back from a night out on St Michael’s Hill, be aware. 

The suspect has been seen driving down the road in a small silver car between 11.30 pm and 3.00 am.  Upon spotting a target walking up the hill alone, the car turns around and shadows them stealthily on their way up.

A suspect has been using St Michael’s Hill to target and harass women (NOTE cars pictured are not suspected of being responsible)

The predator is apparently only targeting young women who look vulnerable, walking up the deserted road alone in the middle of the night.  None of his targets had met him before.

Police are still looking for a description of the driver and a licence plate number of the car.  They’re also not aware of how many other passengers the car is carrying during the incidents.  Meanwhile, they’re trying to downplay the incidents, insisting that none of the women have been directly approached and refusing to disclose any more information.

St Michael’s Hill is now a risky place to be alone at night

But one female Law student reports that she was followed in person after a night out last week.  She says: “A car pulled up right next to me and two men got out and started walking behind me.  I freaked out and ran to my friend’s house on Hampton Road.

“It was weird that they pulled up right next to me when they could’ve gone anywhere.  It was really foggy that night and there were no cars or people around.”