Clifton Houses of Horrors

Enter if you dare

With student rents and deposits rising across the city of Bristol, it’d be fair to assume we deserve “habitable” properties. Sadly there are few things landlords love more than ignoring you as The Tab has documented in these snaps shot in Clifton.

Company

The only company I want in my room is the company I invite; these uninvited guests received salty treatment. After a series of angry 3am emails, my letting agency finally let me put duct tape down. Salt literally makes slugs shrivel which is quite disturbing, but useful if you ever encounter a similar issue.

Weather

Weather is for ponds, and outdoors in general. Yes, I do have ceilings and walls; no they’re not doing the trick. Rising damp is a common problem in the older buildings of places such as Clifton and Redland. Yes, they were decent shoes; learn from this and store them carefully.

Unfinished business

These days it seems landlords are not completing their homes. Duct tape and sellotape were offered as solutions to these problems. Slugs and other friends are attracted to damp, and able to move in via unsealed entrances. They however, won’t pay your rent.