Editorial: Welcome to the Tab UWE

The student news revolution read by over half a million students like you every month

For too long the media has been patronising students. If they’re not reminding us of our job prospects they’re berating us for having fun. Life’s too short to worry about the fact that we’ll be doing unpaid internships til we’re 40 – we might as well have some fun in the meantime.

The Tab UWE is here to bring you the cheekiest news, views and features that campus has to offer.

Already we’ve got articles about inspirational student weight loss, top tips from a night on the town with some of Bristol’s sketchier locals and an interview with our very own Joe Brooks who combines studying with a burgeoning career as a fashion designer.

It’s not that writing about global politics, Hollywood films or premiership football is bad – it’s just that it’s not what we students can do best and it’s not what most of us actually want to read. We focus on the student bubble.

And you should join us – Tab alumni go on to get top jobs as journalists because Fleet Street editors agree with us, they’re interested in people who know their strengths, know their weaknesses and ultimately know their audience.

Jake Brown is the Tab’s UWE editor.

We’d love for you to be a part of the team. You can fill in our join form, message in on facebook or email [email protected].