UCLan is one of the top UK unis for students with sugar daddies

There are over 300 ‘sugar babies’ at UCLan

UCLan is ranked as having the 19th largest number of student sugar babies, with 312 of our students being reported to have signed up to the website SeekingArrangement. UCLan is also ranked as the 7th fastest growing baby school, based on the number of new sign ups.

According to SeekingArrangement.com, UCLan has had 173 new sign ups to the site, just below University of Portsmouth with 216 new signups and just above  Manchester with 172 new sign ups.

So what is a sugar baby? They are people, recently a lot of students, who according to Angela Jacob Bermudo, European Spokesperson for SeekingArrangements,  are “looking for the finer things in life. They appreciate exotic trips and gifts. Sugar Babies get to experience a luxurious lifestyle, and meet wealthy people on a regular basis.

“SeekingArrangement encourages student Sugar Baby numbers by offering free premium memberships to students that register with their schools assigned email addresses or show proof of enrollment.”

Screen-Shot-2016-02-09-at-11.26.51-e1455022425550

“While basic Sugar Baby accounts are completely free, the premium memberships feature students to Sugar Daddies and Mommies, therefore increasing their visibility and chances of securing an arrangement.”

Bethany Sherry, Fashion and Brand Promotion with Journalism student said: “It is unfair and selfish to date somebody purely based on what they can buy you. However it seems like a win win situation, the sugar baby gets the things they want and the sugar daddy gets to date a younger person. It doesn’t seem like a real relationship, rather just an image thing and an ego booster”.

Second year Hayleigh Chamberlain said: “I think If it’s some bodies choice then it’s ok, like I think a lot of people would do it if they were never going to be found out – say like by their parents! I don’t know, Also like who are people to tell others what to do and how they live their life.”

Annie Rees, Fashion and Brand Promotion with Journalism student said: “I think if they go into it knowing exactly what they’re doing then fine it’s their choice, I wouldn’t personally do it feel like it’s a bit of a cop out for people who don’t want to get a job and pay for things themselves.”

NOW WATCH:
The Tab UCLan