Why you should join The Tab UCLan next term

One of us, one of us

We are recruiting new writers to join our ever growing team.

Our UCLan site gets thousands of views each month and last month, across the whole of the UK, The Tab got over 10 million views.

To have your stories read by thousands, sign up and become part of the team.

Messiness in MACs

Messiness in MACs

The Tab UCLan write the about the things you care and want to read about.

We don’t particularly care what’s going on in the football or with foreign policy but instead, we focus on local news that you’ll want to read.

We write about anything in the UCLan student bubble, from drunken antics in Evoque and what you’re wearing to lectures, to out of control house parties in Roeburn, or our favourite takeaways on Friargate.

We’re usually controversial, always represent multiple voices on campus and we like to be the first to break the latest student news in Preston.

Click here for more info, or to make an account now.

We're a little controversial

We’re a little controversial

Fancy joining? No journalism experience is required, not even a desire to follow a Journalism career after uni. As long as you enjoy writing or being part of a team, that’s all that matters to us.

We also don’t have a preference when it comes to your degree – so whether you’re studying English, Photography or TESOL Japanese, we want to hear from you.

Testimonials

Editor Chloe Kenyon said: “The Tab UCLan is my baby. I was the first member of the team and was made Editor shortly after. It’s been nothing but fun since the beginning. The socials are always such a laugh and writing the pieces is just as fun.

“We cover unique, usually pretty funny stories, and really aim to give students what they want;  I don’t think anyone else in this area does that, so The Tab UCLan really is a great thing.

“Head Office are always so helpful and ready to assist with whatever you need, and the guidance, expertise and experience you can gain from working with The Tab are really valuable.”

Writer Emma Rosemrgey said: “I love writing for the tab because the subject can be anything from how much McDonald’s you can eat in a week to serious news like break-ins on campus.

“It’s a great way to socialise at uni and get some writing experience without the confines of a student union controlled paper.”

Click here to sign up.

NOW WATCH:
The Tab UCLan