Why is the nightlife in Preston so bad?

Refurbishment does not a new club make

Did you come back to Preston this term for hoping for some new club nights? 

Or are you a fresher who excitedly came to uni wondering what delights UCLan nightlife has to offer?

If so, sorry to disappoint.

A toga party once in a while

A toga party once in a while

Unfortunately, after you’ve had countless messy nights out at Evoque, Warehouse, MACs, Popworld, Rift, Lofty’s and Cameo, you begin to realise that you’re doing the same thing over and over – you’ll even find yourself at the same takeaway that you latched onto during freshers’ week.

Hundreds of takeaways and we always come back to the same one

The only thing that does change is the people you go out with, your outfit and the funny stories you get to tell the morning after.

Shockingly enough, Preston isn’t even on The Guardian’s “Five University cities with great nightlife” list.

Why not us?!

We’ve got to face it, Preston’s nightlife is shit compared to other cities. While living at university and ready for immense nightlife on my doorstep, we find ourselves looking for better nights out elsewhere.

All ready for a night of repetition in Preston

Sometimes you can't even convince your mates to go out with you

Sometimes you can’t even convince your mates to go out with you

When will we get the club nights we deserve? We drag ourselves out of bed for 9am lectures and hibernate in the library, for this?

Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, Bristol and London are the top five that are featured in the list and it’s easy to see why. They all have plenty of clubs and bars which are different and suit a range of peoples tastes and music. They also keep fresh and new with events all year round, not just during fresher’s.

Surrounded by randomers in Evoque, as usual

The clubs in Preston do seem to becoming a bit stale, the only newness we ever get is the refurbishment of an old club.

Newsflash: to those of us that have been here a while, Evoque is still Lava, Rift is still Revs, Cameo is still Squires, the list goes on and on.

Give us something fresh Preston, we’re begging you.

University of Central Lancashire