Preston has been named the cheapest uni city in the UK

We finally win at something

ParcelHero Student Cost of Living Index looked at the average cost of a pint, taxi ride, rent, food and drink in each uni city in the UK, and Preston was revealed to be the overall cheapest to live in.

UCLan students can rejoice at the fact that we’ve finally come out on top and it’s for something brilliant.

We're cheap dates

We’re cheap dates

The study found that the average cost of a pint in Preston is £2.10, compared to a whopping £5.25 in Guildford and £4.30 in Winchester.

If all that beer has left you needing a ride home, Preston is the second cheapest city to catch a cab in, falling slightly behind Swansea.

Topping the chart of expensive cities to live in is Guildford in Surrey, which would cost you as much as 21% more for the same lifestyle than at UCLan.

Second year James Hofstetter studying Business said: “I think it’s pretty great that Preston is the cheapest city, but at the time, it’s still pretty expensive.

“Yes, maybe compared to other cities, it may be the cheapest. However, for students living off the money they get, it’s still very hard.”

Fourth year pharmacist Alisha Mann said: “I’d say it’s [going out in town] fairly cheap depending on what day you go, but it really matters in the club.

“I think Cameo and Evoque have bumped prices up, but Warehouse and Popworld are pretty cheap.

“When you’re comparing to major cities like Manchester though, it’s a fairly big price difference.”

We might have some legitimate reasons to complain, but at least we can get a cheap pint.