Walthamstow’s Latest Caribbean Addition, The Yoga Grill

The mantra is ‘Eat Good, Feel Good’ but can Caribbean food actually be healthy?

Looking from the outside in, when the shop is illuminated it has a refreshing and vibrant look. With a few seats for you to sit down and enjoy a moment to yourself.

Not only a great place to eat and friendly customer service but a great place to takeaway and their jerk sauce is AMAZING!

Very much about the spirit of community, local business owners make appearances in their shop  as well as residents.
screen-shot-2017-01-01-at-11-03-22

Catering for Vegetarians and Vegans by using only avocado and coconut oil in their food plus Celtic Sea and Pink Himalayan Salt and furthermore dairy free butter.

The Yoga Grill is located on the Hoe Street end of Boundary Road in Walthamstow. In the colours of green and yellow the shop emanates the colours of the Jamaican flag, a symbol of the West Indies on the far end of the road. I spoke to Darron one of the owners of the shop and his marketing director Annette.

Darron who has lived in Walthamstow for over 15 years is very familiar with the borough and knows the area well as a local resident.

screen-shot-2017-01-01-at-11-05-32

With environmentally friendly takeout cutlery and boxes, not only is the food healthy but the shop is environmentally friendly as all containers and cutlery can be recycled and reused as they are made from cardboard and wood, so waste not want not.

We spoke to the owners about the place:

Why the name ‘THE YOGA GRILL’ ?

Yoga is related to balanced chakras and balanced thought processes and we apply that same concept of balance to our food.

screen-shot-2017-01-01-at-10-32-58

What made you choose a Caribbean Shop?

Being of Caribbean descent and always being surrounded by traditional food furthermore having Caribbean shop owners in the family.
Also being underrepresented in the food dining market for authentic Caribbean food.

How far do you plan on taking The Yoga Grill?

I would like to be the first to offer good structure and a real authentic Caribbean dining experience on a grand scale.

Marketing director Annette agreed considering this shop, ‘The Flagship Shop’. Once the foundation is in place, you can take the concept forward.

screen-shot-2017-01-01-at-10-33-34

An old fashioned approach to a newly fashioned take out business, why not pop in and ring their bell?