Image may contain: Underwear, Lingerie, Skirt, Blouse, Furniture, Chair, Woman, Kid, Blonde, Child, Teen, Girl, Female, Person, Human, Clothing, Apparel

Everything we know about the winter Love Island series in 2020

It’s will only last for four weeks

Love Island 2019 may be over, but ITV has confirmed we don't have long to wait before our fav show is back, because a new winter Love Island is coming!!!

Confirming there will now be two Love Island series a year, ITV's Head of Digital Channels and Acquisitions Paul Mortimer, said: "Off the back of a record-breaking year, we're delighted to be bringing an extra series of our biggest and sunniest show to the 2020 schedule.

"Love Island has proven yet again to be the perfect format that engages younger audiences.

"In response to this viewer appetite, a new batch of young singletons will deliver some highly anticipated post-Christmas romance and drama from our new and luxurious location."

Here is everything we know about the all new winter Love Island.

Image may contain: Winter Love Island, 2020, new, series, Cape Town, South Africa, Love Island, cast, villa, host, Caroline Flack, start date, how long, on, location, villa, length, apply, Hat, Family, Apparel, Clothing, People, Human, Person

The summer Love Island finalists

Winter Love Island will be filmed in Cape Town, South Africa

It has been confirmed that the new, second series of Love Island will be located in South Africa.

Despite being a winter version of the show, January temperatures in South Africa average at 29 degrees. So it will still be all bikinis, laying it on factor 50 and incredible Love Island tans.

South Africa was chosen as the show's location to keep up with the summery vibe of Love Island.

It will air in the New Year

Winter Love Island is expected to air in January 2020. According to MailOnline, the winter Love Island series is due to air January 8th, with the staff flying out on New Year's Day, and cast members flying out shortly before the 8th. That's soon!!!

An insider told MailOnline: "The new Winter Love Island will launch the second week of January.

"Bosses are still deciding on the final date but it is thought to be January 8th – a week after staff arrive in South Africa."

The winter Love Island villa will be custom built for the show

According to The Mirror, the winter Love Island will be filmed in a brand new villa, purpose built for the show.

The new setting will be similar to the lodge used for Survival of the Fittest, and is described as "luxurious lodgings". It is thought it is being built from scratch for the new show.

Survival of the Fittest was also filmed in South Africa, but Love Island will reportedly not be using the same villa.

Image may contain: winter Love Island, Love Island, 2020, South Africa, Cape Town, winter, new, series, villa, host, start date, voiceover, Caroline Flack, apply, Iain Stirling, Porch, Gazebo, Wood, Building, Tent

The Survival of the Fittest villa in South Africa, via ITV

Caroline Flack has been confirmed as the Winter Love Island host

It has been confirmed that Caroline Flack will host both the summer and the winter versions of Love Island in the future.

A source told The Sun: "Caroline is now synonymous with the show so it wouldn’t seem right to have anyone else hosting it. They’ll use the same production crew too so it should all run like clock work."

Caroline Flack is set to triple her earnings as she has just signed a new three-year Love Island contract, said to be worth £1.2 million a year. Under this contract she has agreed to present both versions of the show.

Voiceover of Love Island, Iain Stirling, confirmed on Good Morning Britain he will also be returning for the winter version of the reality show. He said: "Do you know what, it's gonna be an absolute blast. Winter Love Island is gonna come back sooner than you ever thought and it's gonna be enjoyable."

The show will last for four weeks…or six

Summer Love Island was on for a long and hot eight weeks. However, the new winter version will only air for half of that.

Love Island 2017 winner Kem Cetinay was discussing the new show on This Morning when he said: "Yeah, a winter one in January. Four weeks, but…"

A shame, a huge shame.

However, more recently a source told MailOnline the series would run for six weeks. They said: "It has been decided that the show will run for six weeks instead of the usual eight."

Image may contain: Winter Love Island, Love Island, 2020, winter, South Africa, Cape Town, Caroline Flack, location, villa, start date, new year, January, host, voiceover, four weeks, length, how long, Iain Stirling, Crowd, Face, Person, Human

Kem talking about Love Island on This Morning

You can apply for the winter Love Island in 2020 right now!!!!

Applications are now open for winter Love Island 2020 in South Africa.

The application page says: "ITV2 are looking for vibrant singles from across the UK who want to head to the winter sun in search of love!

"Love Island will be back for 2020 and we're now on the lookout for people to take part.

"Our Islanders will spend time in a luxury villa in the hope of finding love, but to remain in paradise they must win the hearts of the public and their fellow Islanders, who ultimately decide their fate on Love Island.

"If you think you’ve got what it takes, then we want to hear from you!

"Apply now by clicking here if you’re over 18, and you could be spending your winter in paradise!"

Here is how to apply to be on winter Love Island in 2020.

For all the latest Love Island news, gossip and memes like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.