Sussex University has dropped at least 50 places in the Times Higher Education World Rankings

In the 2022 rankings the university placed 151st in the world

The Times World University Rankings 2023 have been released and revealed that the University of Sussex has dropped at least 50 places. Out of all the 1,799 unis measured, the university ranks somewhere between being 201st and 250th in the world. As well as being the 34th best in the UK.

In 2011, Sussex was ranked as being the 79th best university in the world but has been on a steady decline ever since. In 2015, the university was ranked at 111th globally and in 2020 was ranked at 146th. The 2023 ranking is recorded as being Sussex’s worst year since 2011.

The University of Sussex’s ranking of 201-250th in the world sees it ranked alongside other UK unis like St Andrews and the University of Surrey. Taking the top spot was the University of Oxford who ranked as first in the UK and also first worldwide.

The World University Ranking also includes scores for how universities are performing on a number of metrics. The university received 28.0 for teaching, 34.2 for research, 89.0 for citations, 39.0 for industry income, and 93.1 for international outlook.

You can view the full rankings here