The best ways to spend spooky season in Brighton

Grab your pumpkins and cauldrons, things are getting spooky!

It’s finally October! The season for scary movies, costumes (or lingerie if you’re hardcore), and the inevitable pumpkin-spiced latte. If you’re wondering what the best ways to spend your Halloween and October are, we’ve rounded up the best things for you in and around Brighton.

Hocus Pocus at the Outdoor Cinema

If you’re not a fan of huge parties or just want to celebrate the season chilled out under the stars, this is the perfect option. The Outdoor Cinema is hosting a screening of the October classic Hocus Pocus.  Located at the Plumpton Racecourse, tickets begin at just £14. You can secure your seat here. 

Camp Fakewell: A Halloween Brighton Drag Show

Hosted at the Caroline of Brunswick in Brighton, this show promises a terrifying evening. After arriving at the summer camp you will be surrounded by some terrifying queens for your initiation into the camp, all sharing their scariest horror stories. Will you survive the night? Tickets are £10 and can be found here.

Alcatraz: Cell Block One-Three

What’s better than spending your Halloween locked up in a creepy cell while sipping on some amazing cocktails? You can get the best immersive prison experience at the Alcatraz bar. Smuggle in your own booze and have cocktails served to you with the drinks you bring. The catch is you have to dress as a prisoner and stay in a cell all evening. A pretty fair deal.

Stranger Nights: 80s Halloween Disco

If you love 80’s music and are a fan of Stranger Things, this upside-down Halloween disco is perfect for you. Held at Concorde2, your ticket includes frighteningly good drink offers and the possibility of seeing the venue’s very own resident ghost. If you get there before 12, you also get a free shot. Tickets and more information are available here.

Nightmare In Brighton 

If spending your Halloween in clubs sounds like your perfect night, then this all-access pass event is perfect for you. Featuring four of the most popular clubs in town, Coalition, Revolution, Popworld and Walkabout. This event is sure to be filled with all the best costumes. If you dare, you can buy your wristband here.

Halloween Seafront Block Party

Promising a night full of mystical mayhem, with live scare actors and entertainment, this event is sure to be a blast. Combining more of Brighton’s biggest nightclubs, Shooshh, The Arch, The Igloo and The Hub, the seafront will be jam-packed with all the gals and ghouls in town. Tickets are available here. 

Ghost Walk of The Lanes

Do you want to find out about the grim and gory history that plagues Brighton’s lanes? This ghost walk will have you spooked. You’ll be touring from The Old Town Hall all the way to Harrington’s Lane. You’ll think twice next time you go thrifting after hearing the horrifying sightings of the many unearthly spirits (the non-alcoholic kind) who roam the cobblestones. To find out more click here.

With so many options to choose from, have a spooktacular Halloween!

Related articles recommended by this writer