Wining and dining: Your guide to the perfect Galentine’s day during lockdown

Galentine’s day over Valentine’s day every time

The annual day of love and affection is fast approaching us, which also means a day of being reminded how in love everyone is apart from us single people. That is where Galentine’s day comes in – a day of loving and spending time with your best girls is the perfect way to distract from all the gross PDA you are bound to see on social media this Valentine’s day.

Considering the current national lockdown, Galentine’s day may look a little different this year. For some, you may be lucky enough to live with your favourite girls in a student house, others may be planning to contact them virtually this year. Either way, this guide will give you some ideas of how to celebrate the day with your gals during lockdown.

Contacting the girls

Good old zoom

With a lot of students deciding to lockdown in the comfort of their family homes, being with the girls this Galentine’s seems less achievable. BUT don’t panic, trusty zoom has come to save the day once again. If you plan to contact your friends virtually this year then what better way than a group zoom call from your bedroom.

You could even extend the set up by changing your LED lights to a funky colour and grabbing a glass of wine to accompany the call.

Wining and dining on Galentine’s

A baked camembert is a classic addition to a sharing cheeseboard, for only 89p in ALDI!

If you opt out of a takeaway this Galentine’s day then cooking a group meal together is always a fun way to spend your evening. ALDI has some very affordable prices on a range of different meal choices, catering for veggies and vegans, and their prosecco is only a banging £3.99!!

Skincare for the win

Watch your skin glow up after Galentine’s day

If you are indeed lucky enough to live with your favourite girls then homemaking your own face-masks is a fun and relaxing activity to occupy your Galentine’s evening.

Avocado, honey, aloe vera, turmeric and lemon are some skin friendly ingredients that combined make for a refreshing face-mask. Light some candles, lay back and relax. Face-masks can also be kept on whilst doing other Galentine’s related activities such as…

Quiz o’clock

Here we go againnn

A quiz is something that can be done virtually via zoom with your friends or in person with your housemates. They’re easy to make and even more fun when the questions are about each other. Be sure to make sure everyone’s glass is topped up and get quizzing.

Get a romcom on

The lockdown diet can be scrapped for movie snacks

Finishing off your Galentine’s with a chick flick/romcom signifies the end to a great day. Be sure to get the snacks in for this one and choose the nicest bedroom to watch your movie in. Netflix, Amazon prime video and Disney + all have a great selection at the moment.

If you are continuing on zoom then apps like Netflix Party allow for friends to watch the same films online together.

Positive vibes only

A night with the girls is the best type of night

We can all agree at this point that lockdown is getting tiresome, so be sure to show your gals all your love and appreciation, and keep in contact with friends that you have been unable to see. If you can’t video call with your friends this time, even dropping a heartfelt message will definitely put a smile on their face.