Brighton teenager charged with the murder of 69-year-old Donatello’s owner
The 17-year-old teenager and restaurant owner were reportedly known to each other
A 17-year-old Brighton teenager has been charged with the murder of local Donatello Restaruant co-owner, Sue Addis.
Sussex Police were called to a house in Cedars Gardens Thursday evening last week. They later confirmed it was the body of the 69-year-old restaurant owner.
Sussex police reported Mrs Addis had been stabbed. They told Brighton and Hove News: “She was found dead with stab injuries although the cause of death awaits confirmation at a post-mortem to be held on Monday 11 January.”
The police added: “The boy and the deceased are known to each other. Police are not currently looking for anyone else in relation to the crime and there continues to be no risk to the local community.”
On the Donatello Facebook page, Mrs Addis’ family sent out a message to their customers. They said: “We appreciate all the recent messages of condolence and support. The Addis family ask that you please respect their privacy during this time.”
Just two days before Christmas, Mrs Addis and a few employees from Donatello were delivering hot Christmas dinners to a charity who support homeless and isolated people living in Brighton.
A photo of Mrs Addis credit to @donatello_brighton on Instagram
Neighbours of Ms Addis described her as a “hardworking” woman, who would leave for work early and return late at night. One neighbour told The Argus they had seen Mrs Addis last week. They stated: “I’ve met her a few times. She came to drop some post off so I literally saw her last week. She was a lovely lady who was dropping off post that was delivered to the wrong address. I’ve seen her go in the mornings to work and I know she’s got grandchildren who would always come and play football in the garden.”