Sussex Ranger’s guide to the best Brighton takeaways this lockdown

Because even when lockdown feels bad, food is always good

Every student dreads this time of year, when the days get shorter and darker and deadline season slowly creeps up on you: November has been cold and dreary and December will inevitably be more so. Only one thing could possibly provide a slight bit of relief and lift your spirits when they’re feeling close to bottom – a piping hot delicious takeaway.

Sussex Ranger has recommended some of the best places for takeout food in Brighton, so you can enjoy some great food all from the comfort of your sofa.

Pizza

If you’re really in the mood for a good hearty and authentic pizza to spice up your evening, Brighton has plenty to offer (it’s almost too hard to narrow it down!). We’ve made your life easier by kicking off our lockdown guide with a choice of our top three pizza takeaways.

Credit @sussexranger

Big Slice – One of the best in the business, affordable rustic pizzas which can be reheated whenever you’re ready to eat.

VIP – a little taste of Italy, VIP have a great range of really delicious pizzas which taste just as good delivered to your door.

Fatto a Mano – another Brighton favourite, with a great selection of red or white based pizzas with meat and veggie options so everyone’s happy.

Burgers

Sometimes you just can’t beat a good hearty burger. Whether you prefer yours greasy, meaty, plant based or cheesy, Brighton can certainly offer something to tickle everyone’s taste buds no matter your preferences.

Credit @sussexranger

3Bros – if you fancy a greasy hangover-cure burger fix, look no further than 3Bros. Their double bacon cheese is insanely good and they offer a great range of veggie and vegan options too.

Credit @sussexranger

Honest Burgers – they have some of the best burgers we’ve ever tasted and would especially recommend the ‘Bacon Plant’ which we wouldn’t have known was veggie it tasted that good.

Credit @sussexranger

Boom! Bird – the chicken burger was a real winner for us – fresh tasting meat with tasty toppings and it’s super easy to order with a choice of delivery from Just Eat, Uber Eats and Deliveroo.

Roast Dinners

The true meaning behind home-cooked food, a roast is never the easiest accomplishment on a student budget and in a student kitchen. Why not get a takeaway instead and save yourself the washing up?

Credit @sussexranger

Roast Host – If all you’re craving is that autumnal Sunday lunch, or your house are ready to start counting down the days to Christmas and getting festive, then Roast Host is the perfect solution. Save yourself the hassle of cooking prep, and support a local Brighton business whilst you’re at it.

Best Vegan Takeaway

If you or your housemate are vegan like many in Brighton are, and you’re looking for a takeaway to fill all those cravings but still be 100% plant based, Brighton has a huge selection on offer.

Credit @sussexranger

Really Happy Chicken – they offer some of the best vegan fried chicken and are the champions of tasty seitan, which is a delicious meat alternative.

Vurger – this is another Brighton hotspot that has gained a lot of popularity in recent months. With a selection of burgers, burger bowls and some tasty sides, this is a great choice of takeaway for any vegans or meat eaters alike. We can’t stop thinking about their milkshakes *drool*.

Credit @sussexranger

Clean Kitchen – A plant-based burger takeaway with a great selection that have all that tastiness, but no meat. We would recommend you try the BBQ burger with pulled jackfruit as a definite crowd pleaser.