Important update on coronavirus testing and travel guidance for Sussex students

The information was given in an email sent out this evening

An email has been sent out to Sussex students tonight giving information about mass testing and travel advice for the winter vacation.

It has been confirmed that the University of Sussex will be part of the government’s mass testing programme. The government have put this in place to ensure that it safe for all students to return home for Christmas.

Testing will begin on November 30th until December 11th. Students will be required to take two tests over a four day period to be allowed home. Once both tests receive negative results, students are then allowed to travel home as soon as possible. You can book tests via this link.

It is stated that students will receive results of the lateral flow test 30-45 minutes after testing. However, if students have tested positive for coronavirus within the ten days before the booked test, they will not have to take the new one, as they will still have the antibodies which might give a false-positive test result.

It is also recommended that students drive to their destination or be arranged to be picked up from campus, in order to reduce travelling through peak times and be mindful of social distancing.