Here are just some of the Brighton businesses giving free meals to kids this half term

Be sure to support these local eateries!

In light of the government making the decision to not provide children across the UK with free school meals over the October half term, a multitude of businesses across Brighton and Hove have chosen to give out free meals to those in need.

Here’s a rundown of just some of these generous local businesses who have gone the extra mile to protect vulnerable children.

Riddle & Finns

Credit: @riddleandfinnsbn1, Instagram

Riddle & Fins are offering specially-made, kid-friendly lunches, which can be collected from their beach restaurant this week. You can DM them on Instagram if you are or know someone in need of food. They are also selling delicious truffles for £1 each, with all the proceeds going towards food bank charities.

The Ethicurean Guild

Credit: @foundrybrighton, Instagram

Catering company The Ethicurean Guild have stated over Facebook that they will provide free meal to any children in need over half term. These are available to collect at the Prince George Pub,  The Foundry, The Stoneham or The Southern Belle. Those in need can contact The Ethicurean Guild on Facebook.

Real Junk Food Project

Credit: @realjunkfoodbrighton, Instagram

The Real Junk Food project provides nutritious meals all year round on a pay-as-you-feel basis. They are located at St Lukes, Old Shoreham Road (Tuesdays and Wednesdays), Hollingdean Community Centre (Thursdays) and Gardner Street Cafe (Thursday-Saturday).

The Level Café

Credit: @thelevelcafe, Brighton

The Level Café on Ditchling Road is offering free meals for children from Wednesday to Sunday, 12-3 pm. Just ask for ‘the children’s special’, no questions asked.

Trollburger

Credit: @trollburger, Instagram

Located outside the Evening Star Pub on Surrey Street, Trollburger are offering free kids burgers, meat and vegetarian options available.

Old Boat Corner Community Centre

The Old Boat Corner Community Centre in Carden Park is giving away sandwiches, toasties and pasta from 9:30 am-1:30 pm this week. They have also received many donations which are free to anybody in need. Additionally, they have launched a Kids Meal Fund which you can donate to here.

Erpingham House

Credit: @erpinghamhousebtn, Instagram

Vegan restaurant, Erpingham House have stated that all children aged 4-16 can eat free when ordering from the children’s menu. Available from Tuesday-Friday between 12-3 pm. Adults do not need to purchase a meal for their child to receive one.

Hixon Green

Credit: @hixongreen, Instagram

Located on Church Road, Hixon Green is offering a free meal for those who would usually receive a free school meal, plus a tea or coffee for parents.

These are just a few of the many establishments that are offering free meals this half term. A whole host of restaurants in and around Brighton are echoing this sentiment, and can be viewed here.

Even if you’re not struggling at the moment, perhaps consider eating out at these restaurants after October half term is over, as a way of saying thank you to them for stepping up when the moment called for it.