Updated: There are currently 102 Sussex University students with coronavirus

This is an increase of 21 positive tests within the past two days

The latest coronavirus statistics were published on October 21 and they revealed that there are 102 Sussex students who have recently tested positive for the coronavirus.

The statistics also include one member of staff living off campus, taking the total up to 103.

According to the website, there are 31 students living off campus and 71 students living on campus who have all tested positive for the coronavirus.

The University of Sussex first started recording and publishing this data on September 30 when there was 11 people in total who were part of the Sussex University community and had also tested positive.

Despite the University coronavirus test rate going up, it was announced yesterday that Brighton and Hove are set to stay in Tier 1.

The University updates the website with current positive cases within the community every weekday at 3pm and and every Monday for the weekend, you can see this here.

On the website, the University also stresses what to do if you are experiencing symptoms of covid-19. It states: “Anyone in the University community (both staff and students) who develops Covid-19 symptoms must submit information on this Covid-19 symptoms or self isolation reporting form.  This enables the University to closely monitor the prevalence, as well as make sure those who require support are known to us.

“Comprehensive information, guidance and the support available for students who need to self-isolate is available here.”