Royal Pavillion ice rink closed as a result of rising coronavirus cases in Brighton

They confirmed the cancellation via their website

It was recently confirmed that there will be no ice rink at the Royal Pavillion this year due to rising cases of coronavirus in Brighton and Hove.

The news was announced via their website which also confirmed that the public will also miss out on the rink-side bar and kitchen, which usually offers seasonal snacks, mulled wine and craft ale.

The Royal Pavillion ice rink website states: “Following discussions with the city council, and in light of the escalating number of positive COVID-19 cases that we are seeing locally and nationally, the Royal Pavilion ice rink will not be opening for its Christmas 2020/21 season as planned on November 7th.

This has been a difficult decision since the rink is one of the region’s best-loved winter attractions but in light of the worsening infection rates in the city, Laine Ltd who organise the event annually, the council and the Royal Pavilion & Museums Trust have agreed this is the safest course of action. The event organisers have not ruled out the possibility of the rink opening later in the season, should the public health situation and Government guidance permit.”