Police raid a flat in East Slope and arrest two people after campus security find drugs

It was reported that around five police officers were present at the scene

Earlier this week on Monday 5 October in the evening around 8pm, it was reported that Sussex Police were present and searching an accommodation block in East Slope on Sussex University’s campus.

One Fresher and resident at East Slope exclusively spoke to The Sussex Tab. They speculated it was a drugs search with at least one person being arrested.

The same Fresher who spoke to The Tab reportedly overheard another student stating: “My mate got arrested.” They also told The Sussex Tab that there were five police officers at the scene.

Fresher group chats for East Slope also speculated the same and claimed a drugs raid within a flat in Lullington, a block at East Slope.

One spokesperson from Sussex Police confirmed that Police were called to the accommodation in Park Village. They stated: “A security guard found a quantity of cannabis and drug paraphernalia. A 19-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply cannabis and later released under investigation. An 18-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis. She was questioned and later accepted a caution.”