Brighton Wetherspoon manager tests positive for Coronavirus

A manager and three additional staff members are in self isolation

Today it has been confirmed that a manager from the West Quay Brighton Marina JD Wetherspoons pub is now self-isolating after confirming testing positive for coronavirus.

Three other members of staff who have believed to have been in close contact with this manager have also been asked to isolate.

One spokesperson from JD Wetherspoons told The Argus that the member of management tested positive for the virus on 5 October. They reported: “In accordance with public health guidelines, three other members of staff who may have come into close contact with the affected employee have been asked to self-isolate for 14 days.”

The spokesperson proceeded to state they wish the manager had a speedy recovery. They also reported that required to isolate for a ten-day period.

The spokesperson made it clear that they have not been informed of any customers who have visited the pub and been asked to self-isolate after being in contact with this manager. They stressed that they have “comprehensive social distancing and hygiene practices.” These measures include distancing tables and cleaning areas more frequently

This has been confirmed just after it was reported Brighton is one step away from being declared as a national emergency after cases triple in nearly two weeks.