These are the 12 types of people in Brighton during lockdown and you’re definitely one of them

Let’s be honest with ourselves

The thought of another lockdown may introduce a sense of dread to most students hearts – we’ve had a taste of freedom and we’re craving normality, now it’s ready to be taken all away again. As social distancing policies are once again beginning to tighten in the UK, we’ve decided to look back on our time spent in quarantine to remind us that it really wasn’t all that bad.

Whether you embraced your best self and spent the past few months working on your health and fitness, or whether you let loose and became far too well acquainted with Netflix, you’ll definitely identify with at least one of these categories, in which case, we feel sorry for the friends and family that you are imprisoned with. Without further ado, here’s a definitive list of the types of people you’ll find hidden in the winding lanes of Brighton during lockdown.

The Heavy Drinkers

Potentially the best category of people, you always know how to have a good time. You know you are part of this elite group if you ever catch yourself saying, ‘it’s 5 o’clock somewhere’. Following your first cup of coffee in the morning, it’s a (rather quick) progression to hard liquor.

The Online Shoppers

Not to be confused with a shopaholic: you don’t have a problem, you’re just very bored. Do you objectively need the nth ‘Pretty Little Thing’ top?

The Night Owls

You know you are part of this category if you haven’t seen the daylight in a few days. You tell yourself you are using this time productively but that’s questionable at best. What wouldn’t you do to be on an N25 bus right about now?

The Beach Goers

You have the admirable ability to make your Instagram still look aesthetically pleasing despite the ongoing pandemic. You know you’re truly bored when you go out of your way to get attacked by the seagulls on the beach.

The Hibernators

Originally it began as taking this time to replenish your energy and better your sleeping habits. It quickly got out of hand and now you can’t remember what day of the week it is. Maybe 3pm is a good time to get up?

The Fitness Influencers

We get it, you’re better than us. And we’re jealous of you for it. You’ve embarked on a journey to improve your health and took your loyal followers with you. Yes, we are all very impressed with the photos of your downward dog!

The Self-Care Experts

Honestly, you know who you are because you’re probably the only ones keeping count of your water intake per day. You took this time to work on yourself and it shows, keep it up!

The Puzzle Masters

You took the time to exercise your mind with a challenging, yet relaxing task. Bet there is still a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle on the living room table. You know you are just going to have to take that apart eventually, right?

The Hard Workers

An elusive breed, they may eventually make time for you between zoom calls and essay writing. Will likely hear them say: ‘I’m not wasting all this free time’. You’re the best among us.

The Crafters

Congratulations, you are one of the only ones who used this time productively and took up a new hobby! We are all so impressed with the improvements you have made over the course of lockdown. Initially you were the reason why there was a government issued warning on the dangers of DIY projects at home. You’ve come so far!

The Bakers (Or Kitchen Nightmares)

You are a patient and resilient person that has worked hard to finally make the perfect banana bread. There have only been few accidents on the way, but we are so proud of you! Sorry you didn’t make the Bake Off though…

The Essential Workers

The Sussex Tab team would like to take this opportunity to give a special thank you to everyone that has been working in the frontline and serving our community during these uncertain times. We appreciate all the work you have done for us.