Back in business: Chalk is reopening and the excitement is too much

The nightclub will be hosting socially distanced events including a pub quiz and live music

Featuring new socially-distanced events and live music, Brighton’s favourite club Chalk is set to kick off the Autumn term with a Covid-conscious bang. For months now, the Brighton nightclubs have understandably kept their doors closed. But come October, the doors to the chalk-walled dance floor will once again greet students with open arms.

you never realise how much you love something until it’s gone x

Following a lot of preparation, a spokesperson for Chalk has promised there will be many nights to remember whilst simultaneously keeping everyone safe.

“It has always been paramount to us that we offer a safe space where everyone can feel comfortable, and that is more important now than ever before. The new Chalk is set up to protect you and let you let loose all at the same time!”

Whilst the clubbing days of 2019 are now just a distant memory, Chalk has lots of excellent ideas to create new and safe club nights:

“In terms of Fat Pops, things are going to look a little different. We will be selling tables instead of tickets for groups of 6. We have interactive content to keep people at the tables having fun. The Chalk pints will still be flowing. We have an app in place to order all your drinks whilst seated at the events.”

less licking is also promised to ensure no corona x

The events

Mondays are set to be the Fat Pops Pub Quiz – a great alternative to a night out including music and a wide range of questions. Thursdays will follow a more music-centred route: Secret Discotheque Live will include acoustic pop and many other genres all enjoyed within the safety of individual tables and with social distancing in place.

There will also be specific event like Polyglamorous and themed drag brunches, and, thank the Halloween Gods, Let’s Kill Disco has something up their sleeve for this October too.

These, as well as many other individual events, will run throughout the week, being announced via their Facebook page. The venue will take on more of a theatre vibe in order to safely host these events, with a capacity of 150, and two sittings of each event.

The staff at Chalk have spent a long time preparing for their reopening, and have assured visitors that the safety of staff and customers will be the top priority: “We have worked so hard to make this a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone who will be coming. We are so excited to be able to do something heading into this period of ‘new normal’ we all have to adapt.”

If you can’t contain your excitement to get back into one of the best student clubs in Brighton, then have a look at their upcoming schedule on their website here.