Sussex Live Music Society fundraising to save Brighton music venue

‘If we can save this iconic venue, the first gig back will be unreal’

Sussex students are fundraising in order to financially support live music venue The Green Door Store, which faces potential closure.

The mass closure of arts and entertainment establishments as a result of the national lockdown has left many independent businesses struggling to stay afloat. Despite efforts to save this industry, such as the Save Our Venues campaign, Brighton’s music scene still faces an uncertain future.

Sussex Live Music Society, a.k.a. SLiM, have set up a fundraiser to offer financial support to the much-loved venue Green Door Store, well-known for its live music events spanning a wide range of artists and genres.

Joe Loftus-Smith, one of the SLiM members behind the fundraiser, said “A place that is so close to our hearts at SLiM, we want to do all we can to make sure live music returns to The Green Door Store after the pandemic

“If you care about preserving Brighton’s music culture, please consider supporting our campaign. If we can save this iconic venue, the first gig back will be unreal.”

Want to support Green Door Store? You can donate to the fundraiser here.

Want to help with the campaign? Contact SLiM on Facebook.

Featured image courtesy of Emily Markwick