A guide to a Brighton-filled summer in semi-lockdown

Here’s how to make your summer one to remember

With uni officially over and the end of lockdown still a while off, we have a long summer ahead of us. If you’ve binged enough Tiger King and feel quizzed-out (zoom fatigue, amiright), here’s some Corona-friendly options to help you enjoy some more of what Brighton has to offer.

Take a hike

Sussex is home to some of the most beautiful green spots and lockdown is the perfect time to appreciate them. Stanmer Park and Wild Park are two student-friendly classics close to campus for a taste of the country life, or, if you’re feeling more adventurous, Devil’s Dyke sits a little deeper into the downs. If you have all day and need to stretch the legs, take a picnic, some blankets and pop a bottle of prosecco to really do it in style.

Ditching Beacon in all its glory

Exploit the empty streets for a golden photoshoot

It’s as vain as it looks. Take a few hours off, grab your most Insta-competent housemate and traipse round the Brighton scenes for the perfect snap. A suggested but not exhaustive list includes: the Pavilion (obviously), Hove beach huts/band stand, the edgy graffiti by the Prince Albert pub or the Upside Down house. Coinciding with golden hour is the goal.

Pub crawl anyone?

Forget Shuffle, Hobgoblin and the rest. Instead, head to ALDI, stock up on bevs and transform your uni house into one big pub crawl. Each room has a host for a drinking game/challenge as the evening continues, happily accompanied with a big clear up the next day. Karaoke optional. Alternatively, gather the gang for a DIY cocktail night for a classier experience.

Sample the delights

Some of the city’s best-loved restaurants and bars are currently ordering takeout. A hot favourite is Fatto a Mano pizzeria or Leon, one of the few open throughout lockdown. However, you could always take it up a notch and cook a *real* dinner (basically not a student meal of pesto pasta) with multiple courses for something a little more gourmet. Your future, more sophisticated student self will thank you.

equal parts aesthetic and tasty