The University of Sussex ranks in the top 20 for eight subjects

And we’re in the top 50 for pretty much everything else

The Complete University Guide has published the University league tables for 2021 and here’s how it’s looking for Sussex.

Coming 40th in the country overall in the University league tables this year, we have sadly gone down by eight places. But not to worry, we are still beating Brighton.

So lets breakdown Sussex’s scoring on all aspects of the league table.

Sussex Uni is 2nd in the country for American Studies, beating Manchester, Nottingham, and Goldsmiths. We come 5th for Anthropology, moving up two places since last year.

We sadly moved down five places for Drama, Dance, and Cinematic studies,  which places us at 7th in the country, beating the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama. We remain 14th for Communication and Media Studies.

We ranked 16th in the country for Psychology, down by only one place and beating Birmingham, Loughborough, and Royal Holloway. We ranked 17th for History, again moving down by only one place and beating Bristol, King’s College, and Newcastle.

We are placed at 18th for Marketing and 19th for Philosophy.

Some subjects where we just fall short of the top 20s are English (22nd), Biological sciences (22nd), Geography and Environmental Science (27th), and Law (33rd).

The Brighton and Sussex Medical School is ranked at 19th, having moved up three places.

Sussex came 40th overall, so where did we rank in the other aspects of University life?

We came in at 23rd for facilities spend, beating Warwick, Reading, and Goldsmiths and 35th for degree completion, beating East Anglia, Brunel, and Essex with 89.9 out of 100 points.

For research quality we placed 37th in the ranks, beating Queen’s Belfast, Surrey, and Loughborough with 3.01 out of 4 points. For research intensity, we came joint 41st with Aberdeen and Surrey.

We beat Liverpool, Royal Holloway, and Kent with our entry standards, ranking at 43rd. We also ranked 43rd for our graduate prospectus with 80.4 out of 100 points.

For good honours, we ranked 69th, with 75.3 out of 100 points, beating Coventry, Portsmouth, and Hull. We ranked 73rd for academic services spend, earning only 54 per cent of the points, beating Exeter, Queen Mary’s, and Brunel.

And finally, we placed at 109th in the country for student satisfaction, joint with Edinburgh Napier and Westminster, scoring 3.95 out of 5 points.