The University of Sussex are running free online activities to cure your lockdown boredom

From Zumba to knitting there’s something for everyone

Last week was mental health week and it couldn’t have come at a better time: the majority of the country is stuck at home, university life has changed massively and your social life has been moved onto Zoom.

Mental health week might be over, but to help you stay stay entertained and on top of your mental health, we’ve picked out some of best activities that the University of Sussex are hosting next week to help you get through the next week of lockdown.

Monday 1st June:

10am – Start your week off the right way with a stretching, breathing and meditation session from Sussexsport.

12pm – Been sat down all morning? Why not sweat the stress out with a HIIT session.

5pm – End your day on a high with some PiYo (Pilates and Yoga).

Tuesday 2nd June:

12.30pm – Let off some steam with a Zumba class.

4pm – Can’t face studying alone today? Why not join a virtual study session.

5.30pm – Wind down and embrace your creative side with a knit along.

Wednesday 3rd June:

1pm – Need someone to talk to? Join the virtual tea and talk (repeated on other days too).

4pm – If you need an adrenaline boost, turn up the energy with a HIIT class.

4.30pm – If you aren’t feeling energetic, you could join a meditation session instead.

home workout style

Thursday 4th June:

1pm – It’s nearly the end of the week, celebrate with some more PiYo.

7pm – Missing the cinema? Watch a film virtually with your friends.

Friday 5th June:

10am – You made it to the end of the week, take some time to reflect and de-stress with some stretching, breathing and meditation.

5pm – Missing the gym? Join the strength and conditioning session.

6pm – Treat yourself to a lovely home-cooked meal with the help of a residential adviser.

There are also two daily check-ins with residential advisers if you just want to talk to someone about your day.

If you are really struggling don’t suffer alone:

Samaritans: 116 123

Mind: 0300 123 3393

To see the full timetable, click here.