Sussex Students: Get ready to VOTE for the Student Elections 2020

Democracy is not cancelled

Despite the current climate with the increasing worry surrounding the coronavirus pandemic, Sussex University student union have reassured students that voting for the upcoming student elections will go ahead as planned.

This year, Sussex and Brighton Student Unions are hosting a joint campaign which will be promoted externally on Brighton & Hove buses, in town and on social media.

Speaking to The Sussex Tab the Student Union said “It’s not the ideal time to run a student election, but it’s now more important than ever that students have representation. Democracy is not cancelled”.

Lucy Edwards, who is running for Sports, Societies and Events Officer explains the importance of student voting. She says: “It’s really important that students take the time to read the manifestos of the applicants, and vote for someone who they feel will best improve their own and other student’s experiences at Sussex”.

Sussex Student Union have also said that “This year we’re in competition with Brighton Student’s Union for the highest student voter turnout – let’s smash it, Sussex!”.

Voting opens at 9am on Monday 23rd March and closes at 5pm on Friday 27th March.

You can place your vote when it opens here.