University of Sussex cancels all exams and assessments on campus

The email assured students that they would be assessed appropriately but also fairly considering the exceptional circumstances

In an email today, University of Sussex has confirmed that no exams or assessments will take place on campus for the rest of this academic year.

This comes after an email was circulated this morning, confirming that Sussex were suspending teaching this week and moving online from next Monday 23rd March until the end of the academic year.

Sussex thanked “everyone for their understanding about this move” and explained that the decision was made “based on putting the wellbeing of our community first”.

It was assured to students that the university will “find ways to ensure you are assessed appropriately but also fairly considering the exceptional circumstances”.

This is the latest action taken by The University of Sussex, following a series of developments in the past weeks, including the cancellation of various field trips and suspension of face-to-face teaching, in light of the rapidly changing situation surrounding global pandemic Covid-19.

The email recommends that students check emails regularly for information from each department. More information regarding alternative teaching and assessments is expected soon.