Image may contain: Lawn, Tree, Campus, Bench, Furniture, Grass, Plant, Human, Person

BREAKING: Sussex student tests negative for coronavirus

The student was admitted to hospital to be tested for the virus

Last week, the University of Sussex sent an email to students which confirmed that a student on campus had been admitted to hospital to be tested for coronavirus.

The Sussex Tab can exclusively reveal that the student has received the results which have come back negative.

The email from University came after speculation amongst students when a video was circulated which appeared to show a person in a hazmat suit leaving a Sussex accommodation.

In the email the University also encouraged students to continue to "support each other during this time, particularly our students from overseas who are feeling a long way from home at the moment and at times vulnerable."

This also comes after the UK's third case of coronavirus was diagnosed in Brighton last week and a GP surgery was closed due to coronavirus. The number of confirmed infections in the UK is now nine.

Know something? Send tips to [email protected]

Want to break stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @thetabsussex on Instagram or The Tab Sussex on Facebook.