Image may contain: Beer Glass, Bar Counter, Pub, Glass, Beverage, Alcohol, Beer, Drink, Human, Person

Sussex Ranger’s ultimate guide to Valentine’s Day in Brighton

The student review site plans your day so you don’t have to

Sussex Ranger, are a team of four students who provide student-focused reviews of the best eats, nights out, pubs and cafés, in Brighton.

The team behind this new-blog-on-the-block, set up their Instagram page to layout all the best recommendations of where to go, with the aim of finding exciting new hotspots in Brighton, as well as reviewing all of the student staples. All the reviews on the page follow a range of criteria to improve comparability but are ultimately all subjective. The criteria includes the things students would typically look for in each place, like the price of food and drink, those all important student deals and even recommendations of who to take.

So who better to help plan and guide you through that all important decision making for the most overly-anticipated day of the year, Valentines Day.

A classic V-Day dinner date

Whether it's a blossoming romance, long-term relationship or just your mate you are celebrating the day with, you can't go wrong with a classic dinner date. Sussex Ranger have selected a few of the best places Brighton has to offer so you can wine and dine with your other half.

The CoalShed offers top quality steaks, meat and fish. With a 'romantic atmosphere' in the evening, it seems fitting for Valentines Day. Sussex Ranger warns that the prices can be spenny, but that the quality and portion size make up for that.

This small, intimate restaurant is the perfect setting for a romantic dinner date. With a great selection of cocktails, delicious Thai dishes and indulgent desserts, your Valentine will certainly be more than impressed by Giggling Squid.

V-Day on a student budget

One of Sussex Ranger's main aims is to review places based on value for money, listing the venue's cheapest drinks and food prices and deals. Valentines day has the potential to be an overly indulgent one, but there are plenty of cheaper options in Brighton that can still be a memorable night out.

MeatLiquor is certainly a favourite amongst students, located in the student housing hotspot of London Road. With a Monday-Friday deal that gets you any burger, fries and unlimited soda for £10, the generous portion sizes and quirky interior makes for an unforgettable night that doesn't break the bank.

'All you can eat' is music to any student's ears, and SushiMania offers you just that. Whilst it's not necessary a cheap date, you certainly get your money's worth. If you and your Valentine are sushi lovers, then SushiMania is a must visit, offering a bottomless menu for just £17.80, so you are guaranteed to leave feeling satisfied.

A boozy 'Pal-entines' at the pub

Screw Valentines Day! Any excuse to head to the Pub for a few bevvies, am I right? Sussex Ranger know some of the best student hotspots for a cheeky pint (or two!).

Very local for a lot of Brighton/Sussex students, this pub on Islingword Road is perfect for Valentines day, and its price, proximity and vibe is hard to beat. Head down during happy hour for 10% student discount too.

Known for its quiet atmosphere and charming beer garden, The Park Crescent Pub offers the perfect spot for good old fashioned conversation (and a few cheeky pints of course).

V-Day Brunch

Who said Valentines Day was all about romantic dinners? There is no better excuse for indulging in pancakes with allllll the toppings to satisfy your sweet (tooth) and get that all important breakfast layout pic for the gram to mark the occasion.

If you're looking to eat your hearts content in pancakes, look no further than Nowhere Man. Affordable and truly unbeatable, this is one of Brighton's best kept secrets and perfect for a Valentines Brunch.

Tucked away on the bus route to the Marina, Cafe Marmalade is a real 10/10. Not only being arguably one of the most aesthetic and instagrammable cafés in Brighton, but also offering the best selection of brunch, lunch and sweet treats, it's a must on this day of lurrrvv.

V-Day with your 'Galentines'

Who better to spend this day of love with than your gal pals. Sussex Ranger have reviewed some of the best spots to celebrate the day with your Galentines.

Gather your girl squad and head to one of the best cocktail bars Brighton has to offer. With £5.80 on selected cocktails on Friday, you won't get a better deal anywhere else. Plus, you can pick your own songs on the jukebox to get those girl power anthems going.

Quirky V-Day Alternatives

If you want to impress your date with your ability to find the coolest, quirkiest alternatives to a dinner date, look no further. Sussex Ranger doesn't just stop at food and drink, but also reviews cool hotspots in Brighton like crazy golf and comedy nights.

If Valentines is your first date, or you're looking for something fun and interactive to do with your date (or mates!) Globalls has you covered. The colourful UV venue gives you crazy golf, with a quirky twist.

Lucky Voice Karaoke is one of the best alternatives to a traditional Valentines evening. Grab your dates, mates, galentines and ladentines for a night where you can sing the best love songs/breakup anthems till your hearts content.

Happy Valentines Day love birds x

Credit to: Rory Hinshelwood, Max Morris-Edwards and Zoe Taylor