Image may contain: Crowd, Light, Dj, Human, Person

Sussex DJ’s come together in aid of Grassroots

Movin’ and groovin’ for a great cause

University may be back in full swing, but these students are set to provide a well deserved break from your studies with their slick mixing next Wednesday.

The hosts, Fundamental, will be donating all proceeds from the event to Grassroots Suicide Prevention, a Brighton-based charity which is described on its website as the “UK leader in suicide prevention”.

Image may contain: Text, Invertebrate, Insect, Wasp, Animal, Andrena, Bee, Hornet, Pollen, Petal, Blossom, Flower, Plant

The event is taking place at Volks Nightclub in Brighton, displaying some of the brightest student DJ talents Sussex has to offer. According to the event's Facebook page, you can expect Garage, House, Disco and Drum and Bass from the DJ’s in both rooms at the club.

Fundamental, a group consisting of 10 Sussex University students, have lined up a number of up and coming talents, including Galactic Grooves, Horizon b2b Arctik and Squareman, who will start the night off in the ‘Main Room.’ The DJ’s on show span from East Slope selectors to London Label residences, making up 6 selectors in total.

Image may contain: Musician, Musical Instrument, Dj, Person, Human

No better place to see some of the best local student DJ's

Grassroots, which is primarily based at the Old Steine, offers incredible support to those experiencing mental health concerns and/or suicidal thoughts.

With other acts like Gabba, Bourdo and Jam, who will round off the night in the ‘Basement,’ who there’s no better opportunity to go and support your local artists and raise money for a fantastic cause.

Image may contain: Sitting, Dress, Hat, Table, Furniture, Face, Wood, Blonde, Child, Female, Kid, Woman, Teen, Girl, Human, Person, Apparel, Clothing

It's always a good night at Volks

Taking place on Wednesday, February 12, make sure to get yourselves down to Volks for a wild night of groovin' and fundraising.

The event will run from 11pm to 4am. Tickets are £3 before midnight and £5 after. You can find more details of the event on its Facebook page.