Image may contain: Outdoors, Park, Lawn, Tree, Campus, Bench, Furniture, Plant, Grass, Human, Person

Five laptops have been stolen from the University of Sussex Library

The University is working with security and the Sussex Police.

Five laptops, belonging to University of Sussex students, were stolen on the 6th of December earlier last week.

Since this has happened, announcements in the Library have been made to all students, telling them to keep their personal belongings with them at all times.

One friend of a student, who had their laptop stolen, took to The University of Sussex Freshers facebook page and wrote "Hello, my mate was in the library today and their MacBook got stolen. It happened between 12:50 and 12:55"

On the same Facebook post they stated the laptop had "all their assignments and exam prep stuff on it which is important for this time of year"

Image may contain: File, Document, Page, Text

The Facebook post was made last week on the Freshers page

A university spokesperson has said 'We are so sorry to hear that five unattended laptops belonging to students were stolen from the library on Friday (6 December).'

The University confirmed "We are working with Security and Sussex Police to look at the CCTV footage captured at the time. Fortunately thefts of this kind don't happen often, however we will continue to remind students to keep their belongings with them at all times when using the Library, as they would in any other public space."

They continued and said "If anyone worried or has any questions, please speak to one of the Library team."