Best places in Brighton for a roast dinner

Because who doesn’t love a classic roast?

This British classic is a Sunday tradition amongst many and a perfect way to unite family or friends on a wintery day. With the temperature dropping quicker than ever and the nights growing darker by the day what better way to warm up than a classic roast dinner because who doesn’t love a classic roast?

Students' Union Bar – Falmer

Anyone who is a Sussex student has most likely been to our beloved student bar. The Sunday menu gives a variety of six different options from a classic roast to a vegan or vegetarian option. Prices are very reasonable at £7.50 – £8.50 and for just £2.50 you can add either a pint or a glass of wine, what more could you want?

Sussex Yeoman

Situated near the North Laines in central Brighton the Yeoman is the place for a classic Sunday roast. The yeoman won ‘Best Sunday Roast’ in Brighton and Hove’s food and drinks awards so don’t just take our word for how good their roasts are!

The Hartington

‘The Harty’ is in the heart of Hanover and is known for the cosy and homely vibes it offers. They have a variety of roast dinners from the classic to veggie and vegan options varying from £10-14. They won the ‘Best Roast’ award in 2019 from Brighton Restaurant awards and offer live jazz music after 6pm – what’s not to love?

The Geese

Highly rated by The Sussex Rangers group, The Geese on Elm Grove is the perfect Sunday Roast pub. Their meals range from £8.95-£12.95 with a selection of meats and veggie options too. Make sure to book thought because it's a very popular destination!

View this post on Instagram

THE GEESE [Pub] – A small cosy pub in the Elm Grove area, which is a great place for lunch or dinner during the cold winter months. On Sundays, The Geese offers roasts with a choice between four different meats, a vegetarian and vegan option. It has won awards in the last two years for its roasts. The quality of the food is excellent and there is a buzzing atmosphere. One criticism they turned the lights down after 5, making it quite dark. Make sure you book at least 3 days in advance! They also do a 2-4-£12 deal on bangers & mash on Wednesday’s, with all sorts of possible combinations. Bangers & mash is the only thing they serve Mon-Sat. If you are just after a drink, there is a wide range of beers and ales on tap at reasonable Brighton prices. – Cheapest Pint – £4.40 Amstel, £4.60 Stowford Press Cheapest Wine – Red & White £4.85 (175ml) Main Price Range – £8.95-12.95 Who to take – Parents down on a Sunday Closing time – Mon-Thurs 11.30, Fri & Sat 12.30, Sun 12 – RANGER RATING – 8.5/10

A post shared by Sussex Ranger (@sussexranger) on

The New Club

The New club, known for its innovative and exciting menu, has a new take on the classic roast labelling it ‘The Last Supper’. Prices range from £12.50 to £15. All their food is homemade and locally produced when possible. This is one for those who want a shabby chic vibe.

The Mesmerist

The Mesmerist is a buzzy, retro pub located in Prince Albert Street Brighton. They offer a variety of different roasts from £12.50 to £15. All roasts dinners are serves with homemade gluten free gravy and are very generous sized portions. Also, a perfect place for a first date.

The West Hill Tavern

The ‘Westie’ is an independent family friendly pub only a two minute walk from Brighton station. The prices vary from £13.50-£15.50. This local pub also provides live music and DJs at the weekend.