Image may contain: Wood, Club, Accessories, Glasses, Accessory, Bar Counter, Pub, Person, Human

The Sussex Tab’s guide to Brighton in December

Events yule not want to miss

'Tis the season, folks. After a long year of Area 51 memes, blockbusters like Avengers: Endgame, and Lil Nas X releasing roughly 207 different versions of Old Town Road, it is time to finally say goodbye to 2019.

Feel like you're not yet in the festive spirit? Concerned you're not ready to give good wishes of yuletide joy to all mankind? Worry not, the Sussex Tab has got you covered with our guide to Brighton in December, with all the events to ensure that you have yourself a merry little Christmas.

Ice Skating at the Royal Pavilion

An absolute staple for every Brightoner, the gorgeous Royal Pavilion is lit up in purple and a giant ice rink is set up in the gardens. And with just £7 for students per hour-long session, how could you possibly pass it up? Sleigh it this season.

Late Night Shopping in The Laines

Whether you are shopping for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or any other celebration, you are guaranteed to find something for your loved ones this December at the late-night shopping event. On Thursday 8th December, many North Laine shops will be keeping their doors open until 21:00 with special deals!

Image may contain: Walkway, Road, Pavement, Sidewalk, Asphalt, Tarmac, Footwear, Clothing, Shoe, Apparel, Path, Human, Person, Pedestrian

Charity Santa Dash

If you fancy paying less than £20 to run a mile for a children's charity (oh yes, and you'll be sporting a free Santa suit) then why not enter the annual Brighton Santa Dash? It could be a laugh, as well as a good cause. So register online, or simply show up to the Hove Lawns on 14th December at 10:30 to show your support! Run, run Rudolph!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN1cwg4j6vy

Krater Christmas Party

Fancy a three-course Christmas meal, while watching two comedians, and then having a bop to your fave Christmas tunes, all for under £50? Krater Comedy Club has got you covered! They are hosting loads and loads of Christmas parties this December- the perfect way to end the year with your course mates!

But wait, there's myrrh.

Image may contain: Symbol, Shop, Human, Person

Saved By The 90's – Christmas Party

Christmas meets nostalgia – that's what Popworld promises at their annual ultimate festive night out. You can prebook your tickets (less than £5, or free if your birthday falls in December) for Friday 13th December and ensure that you and your mates are simply having a wonderful Christmas time.

Burning the Clocks

The Burning of the Clocks is a traditional event on the 21st Dec to celebrate the Winter Solstice (the shortest day of the year). Come along and join in with the parade, and light up some eco-friendly lanterns!

Boogie Wonderland: 1970's Disco New Years Party

Got disco fever? Wanna prove that you are the Dancing Queen? What better way to spend your New Years Eve than a 70s party! With all your favourite bops by the Bee Gees, ABBA, Queen, and many more! Komedia is hosting this event and tickets are less than £25 a pop. Dance the night away, and shake your groove thang.

Image may contain: Face, Party, Disco, Female, Night Life, Clothing, Apparel, Person, Human, Night Club, Club

There should something for everyone on this list which will bring you tidings of comfort and joy, and we hope you all have a fantastic December and say goodbye to 2019 in style!