Image may contain: Vehicle, Bicycle, Transportation, Bike, Tarmac, Asphalt, Path, Traffic Light, Light, Highway, Freeway, Urban, Street, Town, City, Building, Person, Human, Road

A man, 20, has died after a hit-and-run in Brighton

After the incident on Sunday morning, the 20-year-old died in hospital from his injuries.

A man has died after being hit by a vehicle in a hit-and-run that took place on Marine Parade on the seafront at around 5.20am on Sunday.

The 20-year-old from Crawley was hit, along with two other men who remain in hospital after also suffering serious injuries.

A 32-year-old man has been released under investigation after his initial arrest on Sunday on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and a second man, aged 33 was detained on suspicion of attempted murder and still remains in custody.

Image may contain: Water, Highway, Freeway, Person, Human, Road

The vehicle involved, a BMW X6, had been abandoned and was later discovered nearby.

Police have announced that they are treating the case as a murder investigation and have appealed for anyone who may have any further information about the incident to come forward, particularly those who may have footage on their mobile phones, dash cams or private CCTV footage of the incident.

Sussex Police have also asserted that this incident is not terror-related.