Image may contain: Advertisement, Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Suit, City, Town, Urban, Building, Metropolis, Text, Bird, Animal, Pedestrian, Overcoat, Coat, Glasses, Accessories, Accessory, Clothing, Apparel, Person, Human

Students can donate unwanted coats to help keep vulnerable people and the homeless warm and safe this winter

There will be a drop off point at the University of Sussex

With Winter quickly approaching, and temperatures dropping, the Wrap Up Brighton & Hove coat collection campaign begins next week. They are asking people in Sussex to clear out their wardrobes and donate any unwanted coats, which will be given out to people in need.

The scheme has been running successfully in London since 2011, and has expanded to many major cities across the UK, to find your nearest campaign or to set up one in your local area.

The campaign, backed by American express with support from Rotary Brighton and Hove, will be collecting unwanted winter jackets, and donating them to the elderly, homeless, women's refuge, low income families and children.

Image may contain: Trademark, Logo, Symbol, Text, Paper, Brochure, Flyer, Poster, Advertisement

All coats are greatly welcomed, but there is a particular need for men's heavy duty weather resistant coats, and small children's snowsuits are most needed.

Robert Griffiths, spokesperson for Rotary Brighton and Hove said: “Sadly the number of people living in crisis here in Brighton is rising. We’re hoping to mobilise the power of the community to help those most in need ahead of the weather becoming colder. We’re a big-hearted city and we’re calling on the compassion and generosity of residents to care enough to gift a warm coat.”

Students at the University of Sussex, University of Brighton and Brighton, Hove and Sussex Sixth Form College can donate unwanted coats at drop off points on campus.

Sussex students can donate their winter wear in boxes located in the Jubilee foyer, from the 11th – 13th November.

Your can find the campaign on Facebook here.

Public donations can be made from November 11th – 13th

Hove Train Station concourse 7am -11am

Age UK, Prestonville Road Office, Brighton – 10am to 4pm

St George Church, St George’s Road, Brighton – 9.30am to 2.30pm

St John the Evangelist’s Church, Preston Village – 9am to 11am

Hangleton Community Centre, Hove – 9am to 9pm

Rushfields Plant Centre, Poynings – 10.00am to 4pm