Image may contain: Drinking, Beer, Alcohol, Beverage, Drink, Human, Person

A guide to the coolest places for a first date in Brighton

The alternative hidden gems guaranteed to bag you a second date

Everyone knows the feeling of a first date – the butterflies, the nerves and the excitement. Whilst some favour spontaneity, others prefer to lock down plans. Save the stress and aimless wandering around our beloved Brighton in the hopeless attempt to stumble across a nice affordable place. Rather than you typical local pub or a fancy dinner, here are all the best places to take your date.

The Tempest Inn

The Tempest Inn is the perfect beachfront boozer located on Brighton’s gorgeous seafront. The décor boasts cool cave interiors as well as lantern lit lighting – perfect romantic and cosy vibes.

There are booths for a cosy intimate setting but there is also a large room for live music if you fancy dancing into the night with your other half. It's also perfect for students on a budget, with cheap cocktails range from £5-£7 an absolute bargain.

The Mesmerist

The Mesmerist offers the perfect alternate date night which can suit more retro tastes in music as they have The Flipside, a 70s-inspired cocktail bar.

There is groovy and funky music to be enjoyed, as well as a roof top garden if you want a more chilled and laid back experience with Al fresco drinks. Pricing ranges from £8-10 for cocktails.

The Marwood

The Marwood is the perfect daytime date. If you don’t fancy a boozy night this coffee and brunch bar is the one for you.

Not only does this tucked away gem serve possesses two floors of vintage oddities ranging from Star Wars memorabilia to walls covered in adjourned jumbled frames meaning there's definitely lots of talking points for conversation. The Marwood transforms from a brunch and coffee den into a swanky bar for the evenings.

The Secret Comedy Club

One of Brighton’s best kept secrets, located beneath the Artista café and gallery. A perfectly cosy and intimate setting for a first date and nothing calms the nerves like a good laugh. Tickets are £10 for comedy every Friday evening from 8-11pm, giving you time for a pre/post date drink or bite to eat.

Upside Down House

A new edition to Brighton that has had everyone talking, the Upside down house on the seafront is a great alternative and quirky daytime date idea.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3fTejplhTn

Tickets are very reasonably priced at £4.50 each with an unlimited amount of time to explore. This would be a fantastic ice-breaker and picture-perfect opportunity to get to know each other and have a good giggle.

The World's End

Release your inner-geek on this gaming experience, located on London Road. Nothing connects people quite like being trapped together and the space occupies Virtual reality experiences as well as Escape rooms.

On Virtual Reality, you can team up with your date on the ‘Serious Sam’ game and fight off each other, but hopefully not too much, it's only early days! Tickets start from £15.