Image may contain: Woman, Girl, Shorts, People, Jeans, Denim, Smile, Female, Face, Pants, Person, Human, Apparel, Clothing

The Sussex Tab are looking for new writers

And we want YOU

Calling all writers, videographers and meme-makers at the University of Sussex.

At The Sussex Tab, we are dedicated to creating top-quality news pieces, features, quizzes and everything in-between. From rating the best bars across Brighton and interviewing political candidates to crowning your BNOC of the year, there really is something for everyone to write.

Image may contain: Person, Human, Pottery, Vase, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Cup, Coffee Cup

No experience necessary!

You don't need to have had any experience in journalism or be studying anything related, whatever the course, if you love to write we want you to get involved and help us bring the hottest content to Sussex.

Who reads our stuff?

Our pieces receive tens-of-thousands of views per month, and our team-members have gone on to receive work with Cosmopolitan, The BBC and The Sun – to name a few. Our breaking pieces have also been picked up by The Guardian and The Sun in the past year alone.

How many people read us?

People love a juicy scoop, so our articles get lots of views. We covered the protests on campus last year, with one piece accumulating over 20,000 views alone. We reviewed Lidl's Hangover-Free Prosecco, amounting over 48,000 views.

Why join us?

Joining our team is not only a chance at gaining some great experience in the world of writing and journalism but also a great chance to meet new people, work as part of a team and be one of the first to hear about exclusive news and events!

If you want to join a wonderful team, who are just as good at hosting socials as making memes, this is your chance.

How do I get involved?

If you have an idea for an article, or want to just express your interest you can pitch your story/introduce yourself here.

If you'd like to hear more about our writing-process, the content we create, meet our team and chat to us we will be hosting an Open Meeting on Monday 7th October 2019 at 6pm. More details for the meeting will be posted in the event so make sure to click attending to stay updated.

We can't wait to meet you!