Image may contain: Chair, Furniture, Plant, Grass, Person, Human

A rundown of all the non-boozy Sussex events happening this Freshers week

You really don’t need booze to have a blast

If drinking really isn't your vibe, you're looking for a hangover fix or if you are simply in need of a night off the booze, there's plenty for you this Freshers week.

From live sports screenings, international food parties, plant and poster sales and the first ever Total Wipeout course, the Sussex Su totally has your covered.

Events happening throughout the week

Pop-up Welcome Hub

Located in Library Square from 1-7pm everyday throughout the week, your first stop for any Freshers queries, general questions and the place to pick up tickets for all official Freshers events.

Image may contain: Crowd, Grass, Plant, Clothing, Apparel, Human, Person, Furniture, Chair

Free Shop

Located in the Debating Chamber, The go-to place to pick up any last minute flat essentials. You can help reduce waste, and stock up on your essentials for FREE – it's a win win.

Friday 20th

Family and Friends Tea and Coffee

From 10am-3pm in Northfield bar, the perfect spot once to treat your family and friends to student-friendly tea, coffee and of course; cake!

Saturday 21st

Welcome Chill Out Zone

If you fancy a more chilled start to Freshers Week, then head to Eat Central from 6pm-11pm for a hang out, in the heart of campus.

Premier League Football

The Clubhouse has you covered all day as they showcase some big fixtures throughout the day (12-8pm).

Sunday 22nd

Rugby World Cup Screening

Head to The Clubhouse to watch the Rugby World Cup fixtures on the big screen.

8.30am-11am – Ireland v Scotland

10.30am-1.30am – England v Tonga

Brighton Walking Tours

From 11am through to 4pm, you and your parents or new flatmates can get to know our wonderful city with an interactive tour of the main sites. You can get your hands on tickets here.

Northfield Terrace BBQ

Haven't had a chance to get to the shops yet? Not to worry, Northfield has you covered for dinner with their Sunday Terrace BBQ. Running from 1-6pm.

Monday 23rd

House plant & Poster Sale

If your new room is in need of a touch of greenery or some funky artwork, then head to Falmer house for the ultimate house plant sale between 10am-4pm.

Image may contain: Mailbox, Letterbox, Clothing, Footwear, Shoe, Apparel, Human, Person

Freshers Fair

Bigger and better than ever before, the 2019 Freshers fair held in the Amex Stadium from 11am-4pm showcases all the best that Brighton and Sussex University has to offer. All the info (and plenty of freebies) from all of Sussex's sports clubs, societies and industries.

Image may contain: Pants, People, Text, Footwear, Shoe, Crowd, Clothing, Apparel, Human, Person

One World: International Food Party

Mandela Hall is hosting an evening of tasting great international food from all across the world. Head down there from 6-9pm for a night that is sure to tickle your tastebuds.

Tuesday 24th

LGBTQ+ Coffee Morning

Room 76 is hosting a coffee morning from 11am-2pm for anyone who identifies under the LGBTQ+ umbrella to an informal morning of coffee and chit-chat.

East Slope Taster: Cuban Salsa

Head over to East Slope's outdoor amphitheatre for various dance and performance taster sessions from 2pm-4pm (event will take place in the East Slope indoor social space if it rains!)

Roller Disco

Get your skates on this Freshers week and whizz around Mandela Hall from 6pm-9pm. But you have to be speedy – limited tickets are available.

Big Night IN

From 7-11pm head to Falmer Common room for a chilled-out night filled with drop-in events including film screenings, board games and crafts (or head to Room 76 for a screening of GBBO from 8-9.30pm)

Wednesday 25th

Team Sussex Total Wipeout

Hosted on the ACCA Lawns from 12-5pm, the USSU introduces its first ever Total Wipeout course. Open to everyone and for free, take part in a giant inflatable assault course.

Maths and Physics Society: Board Games and Pizza

If you're a Maths or Physics student, what perfect way to meet your course mates ahead of lectures over a night of pizza and board games from 7-10pm in the Creativity Zone.

Thursday 26th

Drag Brunch

Join Sussex's own Drag Society who will be welcoming you to their very first Drag Brunch in Room 76 from 11am-3pm.

Sports Tasters and Trials

Sports trials begin for our Sports societies, from 11am through to 8pm on the Falmer Sports Complex.

Image may contain: Helmet, Tree, Plant, Sphere, Outdoors, Sports, Sport, Team, Team Sport, People, Clothing, Apparel, Shorts, Human, Person

Pier Party

Back again for another year, the Freshers Pier party takes place from 6-11pm, with Sussex Uni taking over the iconic Brighton landmark. The event is part of the Golden Ticket bundle, but tickets can be bought here.

Image may contain: Theme Park, Amusement Park, Transportation, Vehicle, Boat, Human, Person

Friday 27th

URF Presents: Too Funky in Here

Room 76 is getting ready to boogie with URF playing the funkiest jams on campus from 9pm until the early hours!

DragSoc Presents: Rainbow Ball

Sussex's very own DragSoc are hosting an extravaganza in Mandela Hall from 9pm-3am, showcasing the best live performances and some extra special guests…

Fireworks Finale

Check out the USSU's epic firework displace from Falmer bar with live music and plenty of BBQ food, from 5-9m (Firework display begins at 8pm).

Image may contain: Light, Flare, Fireworks, Night, Human, Person, Outdoors, Nature