A man has been arrested for the Brighton shooting
This is the fifth arrest to have been made
A 26-year-old man who was reportedly on the loose with a gun in Brighton city centre last month has been arrested. The arrest is part of an ongoing investigation into the Brighton shooting that occurred on August 4th.
He was arrested on Thursday morning for possession of a firearm, however police have since said that the suspect has been released on conditional bail until October 3rd.
We’ve arrested a fifth person in connection with a shooting in Brighton on 4 August.
We’re urging anyone with any information about the incident or those involved to contact us.
This is a complex investigation and enquiries are ongoing.
— Brighton&Hove Police (@BtonHovePolice) September 5, 2019
Gunshots were heard on Birdham Road on the 4th August. The gunman then later fled from a police siege in Moulsecomb on the same day. Police had previously said that the individuals involved were known to each other.
Detective Inspector Chris Thompson said: "We have searched a number of properties, and we are still working tirelessly and following up a number of lines of enquiry, as this complex investigation continues."
Officers are continuing to carry out patrols in the area to assure the community.
Police are still carrying out enquiries to locate the shotgun believed to have been involved and anyone with any information has been encouraged to come forward.