Image may contain: Accessory, Handbag, Accessories, Bag, Clothing, Coat, Overcoat, Suit, Apparel, Poster, Advertisement, People, Face, Human, Person

New company launch ‘Day at the races’ for Sussex Students

Tired of the same events, in the same places with the same people?

New entertainment business, Invades, have launched a student event which aims to bring together students from multiple universities across the south coast, for a 'student budget friendly' day at the races. The founder, Dominic Matcham, started the event believing that students find it difficult to access the sport in a race day format due to high cost, with the aim of his race days to "breakdown these barriers with an extremely convenient and affordable package for students".

Image may contain: Face, People, Audience, Crowd, Person, Human

Their trial run, which combined students form the University of Nottingham and Loughborough, was a sell out events that saw 1450 students gather for a 'great day of racing'. Invades will be taking over the student scene bringing together a total of 57 universities to 12 different racecourses.

Image may contain: People, Crowd, Female, Shorts, Clothing, Apparel, Person, Human

The Sussex launch of the event, which is the first leg of their national tour, will take place on the 5th October at Frontwell racecourse and will combine students from University of Sussex, Brighton, Southampton, Solent, Bournmouth and Portsmouth.

Image may contain: Pedestrian, Pants, Skirt, Woman, Female, Footwear, Shoe, Person, Human, Clothing, ApparelImage may contain: Fashion, Clothing, Suit, Apparel, Coat, Overcoat, Crowd, Audience, Sunglasses, Accessories, Accessory, Human, Person

Invades also have plans to encourage University societies to attend the events as a social, with promises of commission per ticket to be paid directly to the club.

Image may contain: Bar Counter, Pub, Night Life, Lighting, Night Club, Club, Person, HumanImage may contain: Leisure Activities, Guitar, Musical Instrument, Disco, Night Life, Party, Night Club, Club, Person, Human

For Brighton and Sussex students, ticket prices will include entry to the races and Oktoberfest, transport to and from the event and entry to the afterparty (location of which is to be confirmed).

Keep an eye on their Facebook page for more event details coming soon.

All photo credits: Aidan Mathews