Image may contain: Vehicle, Transportation, Airfield, Airport, Field, Grass, Plant, Human, Person

First day of brand new ‘Land Beyond Festival’ cancelled

The extreme weather conditions forced event organisers to cancel today’s event after high winds ripped through the main event tent

Land Beyond, is a brand new 2 day festival which was set to take place in East Brighton park across the weekend. But after strong winds throughout the night and early morning, the main tent suffered "irreparable damage" forcing organisers to cancel.

Image may contain: Circus, Leisure Activities, Acrobatic, Person, Human

The event was scheduled to start at noon until 10pm, showcasing performances by Joey Negro and Jeremy Underground.

The event released an official statement on their Facebook event page today stating: "Due to the severe weather conditions…we have had no option but to unfortunately cancel today's event" explaining that "the event has been deemed unsafe to go ahead".

An organiser of the event exclusively spoke to the The Sussex Tab and said "We have worked tirelessly for over 8 months on this event, and after surpassing all expectations with sales and being overwhelmed by the support the local Brighton community and University students have given us, to wake up to being told the event cannot happen today has been heartbreaking to say the least".

In regards to tomorrow's event, he has assured ticket holders that "Thanks to our dedicated, hard working team and local volunteers we are able to ensure Day 2 will go ahead as planned and we are looking forward to putting on a fantastic show as planned and can’t wait to welcome everyone tomorrow"

Saturday ticket holders can email [email protected] to learn about refunds.