Image may contain: Burger, Bakery, Shop, Apparel, Clothing, Furniture, Chair, Creme, Dessert, Food, Cake, Icing, Cream, Person, Human

Sussex are offering regular tea and talk sessions for better mental health

Tea, cake, and a safe place to share your feelings.

Since November of 2018, the University of Sussex has been holding regular "Tea and Talk" sessions for students to have a cuppa and a chat with trained student volunteers.

The regular sessions were one of Welfare Officer May Gabriel's main manifesto points. "Sometimes students just need someone to talk to," May tells the BBC.

Image may contain: Meal, Jacket, Coat, Food Court, Food, Dining Room, Wood, Apparel, Clothing, Tabletop, Room, Indoors, Restaurant, Dining Table, Chair, Table, Furniture, Human, Person

The Tea and Talk Peer Support Network is: "made up of trained student volunteers and offers an informal space for Sussex students to talk and be listened to, as well as an opportunity to find out about other sources of support, while enjoying free tea and biscuits"

The volunteers consist of trained students who are there to listen to you. Any student is welcome to talk about the pressures of univeristy life, from exams and finances, to housemates and homesickness.

Sessions run every Wednesday afternoon during term-time, from 1-3pm on the ground floor of the Meeting House.