Image may contain: Hippie, Leisure Activities, People, Glasses, Portrait, Photo, Photography, Clothing, Apparel, Shoe, Footwear, Costume, Female, Accessory, Sunglasses, Accessories, Smile, Crowd, Festival, Party, Face, Human, Person

Sussex University named one of the most international universities in the world

The university has staff and students from over 140 countries

A recent survey conducted by the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings places the University of Sussex inthe top 25 most international universities world wide.

The university placed at number 22, joint with the University of Edinburgh.

These rankings were compiled after taking into consideration international staff score, international co-authorship score and international reputation metrics.

In addition to having students from over 140 countries, the university also has partnerships with more than 160 international universities.

The University's Vice-Chancellor, Adam Tickell, has said "Here at the University of Sussex, we are international. From our founding in the 1960s, we have always had a global vision and our staff, students and alumni make extraordinary contributions on a worldwide scale – so it’s fantastic to be recognised for our international outlook".

He also stated that "the very ethos of Sussex is about helping to make a better world – our researchers continue to find bold new ways to understand and solve global issues, as we look to provide our students with opportunities to leave our institution as citizens of the world."

Research suggested by the Times Higher Education shows that diverse student communities, like the one at Sussex, provide for better teaching and learning experiences.