Image may contain: Lawn, Vegetation, Golden Retriever, Canine, Animal, Mammal, Pet, Dog, Grass, Plant

It’s Wellbeing Week at Sussex and here’s everything you need to know

There’s loads to do, from doggy de-stressing to UV yoga!

With essay deadlines and the impending doom of our environmental crisis, it's definitely time for a mental break. Take care of yourself and indulge in some much needed self-care.

The University have pulled out all the stops, they're even bringing in dogs for all of your cuddling needs. This is your go-to guide for planning your Wellbeing Week schedule.

Ongoing all week events

X-Card Sexual Health Drop-ins are going on throughout the week at the Student Life Centre. Everything is confidential and free! These will be taking place at 1pm on Thursday, Friday and Wednesday. Wellbeing isn't just about your mental health!

Mindfulness sessions in the Meeting House on Friday and Monday at 1pm and Wednesday at 9:30am. Mindfulness is recommended by medical professionals and encourages self-awareness to promote mental wellbeing.

Thursday 7

Kicking off the week on Thursday, there is a 'doggy de-stress' sesh, courtesy of Canine Concern. You don't have to book ahead, you can just show up! When? 10:30am-12pm. Where? The Meeting House.

A Wellbeing tree to give feedback on how the Uni can better support the student's mental health and wellbeing. (Psssst- there is also free tea and biccies.) When? 12-2pm. Where? Falmer House Reception.

More dogs! Melanie and Henry the dog shall be hosting a wellbeing run twice on this day. When? 12:10-12:50pm and 2-3pm. Where? Sports Centre.

Friday 8

Dog Soc shall be joining forces with sosme horses for a Pony and Doggy De-stress in the Library Square. Click here for more info. When? 10am-4pm. Where? ACCA Lawns.

Image may contain: Ground, Sand, Outdoors, Rock, Pebble, Nature, Bulldog, Soil, Dog, Canine, Pet, Mammal, Animal

What a good boy

Dog Walking Society shall be hosting their usual walk, filled with puppers galore. When? 12pm-1:30pm. Where? Meet on the ACCA Lawns

Uni Boob Dodgeball shall be making a storm, costing just £1 per person which goes towards raising money for CoppaFeel. When? 4pm-6pm. Where? Sports Centre

Want to get your zen on whilst looking fabulous? Then head along to UV yoga! Make sure you sign up online here, costing just £1. When? 8:10pm-9pm and 9pm-9:50pm. Where? Sports Centre.

Saturday 9

Families study and play session shall be happeneing so student parents can get on with work while the kids are entertained. When? 11am-2pm. Where? Falmer House common room

Always wanted to go to Coachella but can't afford it? Well we've got something better. A UV pain musical class – get your tickets here. When? 6:10pm. Where? Sports Centre.

Image may contain: Finger, Mouth, Lip, Human, Person

They're ready…are you?

Sunday 10

There are loads of sporting events going on from a Basketball World Cup to Badminton, events start at 12pm with the latest going on until 8pm. All details can be found here.

Monday 11

Come along to the Caravan Theatre, a bit of a change from your average Theatre performance. Each performance is only 10 minutes long so it's easy to fit in around your schedule. The play is called The Time of Your Life, focusing on mental health issues and the stigma surrounding them. Where? Outside Bramber House. When? 12pm-4pm.

Image may contain: Female, Outdoors, Caravan, Dress, Clothing, Apparel, Van, Transportation, Vehicle, Grass, Flower, Blossom, Vegetation, Bush, Person, Human, Plant

Tuesday 12

The Caravan Theatre shall be back so if you missed it on Monday be sure to check it out today. Outside Bramber House. When? 12pm-4pm.

There's a Wellbeing Fair because what would a themed week be without a fair? From free food, drinks and a massage taster session! As well as this there will be lots of local organisations and on-campus health and wellbeing services to chat to and get more information about. Where? The Meeting House. When? 1pm-3:30pm.

Wednesday 13

You can drop in to Tea and Talk – a peer support group run by nonjudgmental, trained student volunteers. Come for a chat or just a spot of advice as well as help with signposting to other relevant support sources (also free tea and biscuits!) Where? The Meeting House. When? 1pm-3pm.

Image may contain: Handwriting, Plant, Label, Text

There's loads more going on and all the details of other events can be found here. So get out your diary and start planning because you seriously don't want to miss out on these pawsome events.