Image may contain: Purple, Advertisement, Flyer, Paper, Poster, Brochure

Sussex student radio URF are holding a 24-hour charity broadcast

The show will run for 24 hours and is packed with features, DJ sets and acoustic sessions

On Thursday 7th February URF are hosting a 24-hour broadcast in aid of the Brighton based charity RISE UK.

The show will start at 6 am and will be hosted by URF's ex-station managers Solmaz and Nina, who aim to remain on air for 24 hours.

The broadcast will consist of games, interviews and features, with over 20 student groups accompanying Solmaz and Nina throughout the day. The evening will see an acoustic and creative writing event take place in Falmer's common room, where 13 Sussex artists and poets will be showcasing their talent from 7.30 pm. Here, there will also be an opportunity to donate as you feel towards the charity RISE UK.

After midnight, the hosts will be joined by Sussex's student DJs, providing the sounds to keep them awake until the early morning.

Image may contain: Paper, Flyer, Advertisement, Poster, Brochure

RISE UK is a Brighton based charity supporting those affected by domestic abuse and violence. So far, the team at URF have raised £140 for RISE, and you can sponsor the pair to encourage them on their 24 hour long journey here.

Speaking to The Sussex Tab, Solmaz says, "RISE UK is one of Raising and Giving societies's chosen charities this year and do phenomenal work in our local area.

Following the huge success of Fin and Kyle’s 24 hour broadcast last year, where they raised 1.6k for The ClockTower Sanctuary, Nina and I wanted to continue URF’s tradition of contributing to our local community.

There are 13 police call-outs a day for domestic violence in Brighton & Hove alone, and we wanted to do anything we could to help those affected."

You can tune into the show via URF, and the event will also be streamed on UniTV’s YouTube channel.