Image may contain: Photo, Photography, Coat, People, Parade, Flag, Crowd, Symbol, Face, Costume, Apparel, Clothing, Human, Person

Everything happening in Brighton this February

Say goodbye to those January blues

Getting back into the swing of university after the Christmas holidays can be a tricky one. If, like me, you need a bit of motivation to get you through that looming pile of readings, you've come to the right place.

February is full of fun events that won't break the bank, so say goodbye to those January blues.

Big Night on Campus, Refreshers launch party, February 2

Finally bringing an affordable Saturday night out to campus, the BNOC launch party will see the return of on-campus club nights. Kick off your February in the right way and get tickets for £3 here.

Craft and Quiz at Northfield Bar, February 4

Image may contain: Table, Plywood, Pub, Food, Food Court, Human, Person, Cafeteria, Cafe, Wood, Restaurant, Chair, Furniture

Join Craft Beer Society in their Big Fat Quiz of the Year, challenging your knowledge of everything that happened in 2018. Unleashing your competitiveness, this event is on campus and part of Refreshers Week.

Teams can have up to six members, offering five craft beers for £15, and £1 entry, it’s set to be a great night.

Refreshers Fair at Falmer House, February 5

Image may contain: Gambling, Game, Human, Person

If you didn’t get a chance to see everything at Freshers Fair in September, then head over to Falmer House to see all the societies that Sussex has to offer. With everything from Pizza to pencil sharpeners, Refreshers Fair is worth it just for the freebies.

Tuaca Cocktail Masterclass at Northfield bar, February 7

Calling all aspiring mixologists! This master class will teach you how to make all of Northfield bar's finest cocktails. Tickets are only £3 each, which may be the cheapest masterclass you will ever find. The event is running from 1-4pm with hourly booking slots, so, if you time it right, it's the perfect opportunity to get smashed before going to a lecture.

Boogie Wonderland at Komedia, February 9

If you love the 70s then this night is the night for you. With the likes of Fleetwood Mac, Prince, T.Rex and Kate Bush, it’s hard to find a better playlist. Tickets are running low, but if you don’t manage to get a ticket this time, the event is returning in April.

URF's Bring Your Own Vinyl at Northfield Bar, February 10

Join URF and show off your fabulous music taste and bring your best record to Northfield Bar. As an added bonus, if you do bring your own vinyl, you get 50p off any pint.

Northfield Open Mic Night, February 12

Introducing Northfield's very own, now regular, open mic night. Co-hosted with Sussex Live Music Society, everyone and anyone is encouraged to take the stage for stand-up or singing, if you're keen enough, the first three who sign up get a free drink.

Valentine's Day Zine-making in Room 75, February 14

Image may contain: Pillow, Girl, Female, Heart, Human, Person, Cushion

Love is in the air

Looking for something different to do this Valentines Day? Whether single, coupled or haven't a clue, a zine-making evening is just the way to spend your V day. There will be music, dancing and chatting with 'Sweet-Thang', a locally based arts and literary zine. All zine-making materials will be provided and tickets are free! Just be sure to book your slot and zine away.

Bug’a’Boo Valentines Day Special at Concorde 2, February 14

If love isn’t where your heart is this Valentine’s Day, and groove is really in the heart, head on over to Concorde 2. With R'n'B playing all night, you'll be transported back to the 90s, grab your friends and some tequila, this will be a good night. You can find tickets here.

Image may contain: Text, Crowd, Person, Human, Flyer, Paper, Brochure, Poster, Advertisement

URF presents East Coast v West Coast in Room 76, February 19

URF are back in Room 76 with their DJs Jules Marks and Teddy Nash setting up an East Coast versus West Coast battle. Whether you're team Biggie or team Tupac, the DJs will be spinning the best rap and hip hop songs from both sides. Starting at 8pm, the event will be replacing SKINT for the evening, with free entry and all the SKINT drinks deals, it is set to be a great night.

Image may contain: Text, Person, Human, Lighting, Neon, Light

Sussex Watersports Silent Disco in Room 76, February 22

This Silent Disco, hosted by Sussex Watersports, is their first social of the year and sounds amazing. Entry is £7 and happy hour is all night long. With the combination of their two music channels (Club Bangers, and Cheesy Hits) the Silent Disco is set to be a classic great night out.

Sussex Pride Parade at Falmer House, February 27

Image may contain: Parade, Flag, Costume, Coat, Jacket, Crowd, Clothing, Apparel, Symbol, Face, People, Person, Human

Get your rainbow flags out to celebrate LGBTQ+ History Month. The most colourful parade in town will be marching across campus to celebrate and support the LGBTQ+ community. Staff and students are invited, and after the parade, there will be a party in Falmer House featuring student performers. All other events this month in support of LGBTQ+ history month can be found here.