Image may contain: Brick, Home Decor, Long Sleeve, Coat, Jacket, Sleeve, Clothing, Apparel, Human, Person

Sussex Refreshers 2019 Guide: booze, escape rooms, fantasy football and karaoke

Most events are free entry.

Refreshers Week will kick start on the 1st of February and will end on the 10th, and with most events being free theres no reason to miss out on any of the fun!

The weekend fun starts here

The week starts with an international students welcome party from 6pm until 11pm in Northfield bar! If that's not tempting enough, there will be a free drink when you arrive AND karaoke…time to brush up on your lyrics to "Party in the USA".

The Clubhouse is hosting a Premier League football event between 12pm-8pm, where it's just £5 for a burger, fries and a drink and only £3 for a pint of fosters or strongbow for all you football fanatics.

For all the gamers theres also a retro gaming night at Northfield bar between 4pm-8pm. This a great way to meet new people and play some awesome games.

If you're a rum fan, get yourself down to Northfield bar on Saturday for the Rum Shack for discounted deals and prices on top notch rums all night long. Also listen to motown, soul and disco tunes and meet some new people.

Image may contain: Table, Plywood, Pub, Food, Food Court, Human, Person, Cafeteria, Cafe, Wood, Restaurant, Chair, Furniture

Sunday Funday!

On Sunday 10th in Falmer bar there is a Sunday roast with a chance to play some classic board games. Make sure you book a table to guarantee your meaty, veggie or gluten free roast.

Anyone fancy a game of snakes and ladders whilst munching down on a Yorkshire pud? No? No worries. Theres a USA pub quiz going down between 7pm-11pm in Northfield bar for a chance to win some prizes.

Big Fat Quiz of the year 2018 on Monday 4th!

Craft and Quiz is back for 2019 with questions on everything that went down worldwide in 2018. For £1 entry you can see how good your friends general knowledge is…plus you get five craft beers for £15 all evening, bargain.

Also, more Premier League football at the clubhouse between 12pm-10pm but, if you don't fancy that, theres an escape room in Falmer House running between 4pm-8pm. If you escape early on you could even make it to 'Brewdog Beer School' in Northfield Bar from 3pm-6pm. Tickets are just £3 and you have an hour to taste some craft beer and impress your Tinder matches with extended worldly knowledge of crafted beers.

If you find yourself SKINT by Tuesday, don't worry

SKINT night is back! Campus' cheapest night in room 76 from 9pm-2am! If you're still mourning the removal of east slope why not drown your sorrows in £2.25 fosters or a spirt and mixer for £2…make it a double for £3.

BINGO! Northfield bar are hosting just the event we have been looking for, Trash Bingo. Come in and enjoy a night of bingo with your friends and win some tacky prizes.

Refreshers Fair takes place during 12pm-3pm and you'll be able to join an societies you missed out in September as well as getting some freebies in Falmer House.

Image may contain: Floor, Lobby, Leisure Activities, Bar Counter, Pub, Room, Club, Lighting, Shoe, Apparel, Footwear, Clothing, Interior Design, Indoors, Human, Person

Been struggling with VK withdrawal symptoms over the festive period?

Well struggle no more! The Clubhouse is hosting an event where you can get two VKs for just £5 and a drink and bite to eat whilst looking at the fixtures for this years sporting year. If you're only rocking up for the VK deal why not sit back, relax sipping your electric blue VK and gazing over the beautiful Sussex downs. Go to the clubhouse on Wedensday 6th of feb 12pm-10pm.

If the hunger has hit from all the socialising this week then Northfield bar are hosting bargain burgers between 12pm-9pm

Image may contain: Indoors, Cafeteria, Restaurant, Chair, Furniture

Cocktail Thursday at… you guessed it… Northfield bar

Between 1pm and 4pm you can learn how to make cocktails and tickets are only £3. Nothing will impress your flatmates more than whipping out the home made woo woo at your next prinks.

And if cocktails aren't your thing then maybe Gin and Jazz would be. Starting at 7pm and ending at midnight, room 76 is hosting live music from Sussex's very own Big Band as well as a collection of gins to feel extra classy.

Maybe after the gin and jazz you fancy a night out in town…Patterns are hosting a funk, soul and disco night and fancy dress is on the cards as well.

Refreshers week is for everyone

Friday 8th at Falmer bar between 12pm and 11pm its a day of drinks deals for every Sussex postgrad. Show off your student card and grab a drink deal! And for anyone else (or for post grads too!) theres a Refreshers Cantus hosted by the DutchSoc at Northfield bar! From 6pm to 1am you can be singing bangers like "Hey Jude", "Piano Man" and my personal favourite "Angels" with a cheap drink in hand alongside hundreds of people all over the world.

The Sussex DragSoc are treating us again to a MX Sussex Drag Pageant in Mandela Hall from 8pm to 2am for just £6.

Image may contain: Female, Dance Pose, Evening Dress, Gown, Robe, Leisure Activities, Fashion, Human, Person, Clothing, Apparel

Get your vinyls ready for Sunday 10th

On Sunday the 10th the fun carries on in Northfield bar as between 12-6pm there is a 'URF Bring Your Own Vinyl' event for all you cool record player owning students! If you don't have any vinyl's or don't fancy grooving to them, at the same time then Falmer bar are hosting another roast and board games event at the same time.

It's time to brush up on your rendition of "My Heart Will Go On" as Northfield Bar are blessing us with their karaoke night relaunch starting at 8pm and going on until 11pm. This event includes drink deals and special surprises, also free entry.