Image may contain: Urban, Town Square, Town, Plaza, Downtown, City, Pillar, Obelisk, Monument, Column, Architecture, Shelter, Shack, Rural, Outdoors, Nature, Hut, Countryside, Building

Turns out Hove is actually quite cool

What is in Hove, actually?

Hove is the mostly forgotten counterpart top Brighton, with many Sussex students failing to venture past Churchill Square to explore the lesser half of the dynamic duo that is Brighton & Hove.

It's slightly awkward location and it has a reputation for mostly consisting of suburban bliss means that it isn't an ideal student location – however we have compiled the best bits of Hove to show you that there is more there than meets the eye.

It's very picturesque:

Hove boasts some of the most beautiful locations in the city – from the gorgeous architecture and the myriad of beautiful parks, Hove on a sunny day is just perfect for a nice walk. As its slightly further away from Brighton town centre, the town and beaches tend to be a lot more secluded and quiet.

It's really easy to get to as well – Palmeria Square is the last stop on select 25 routes – meaning you can even get here via campus in about half an hour.

Sorry for the spam but Brighton just looks so good today! #wintersun #brighton

A post shared by Matthew Jarvis (@mattj88) on Nov 17, 2017 at 4:29am PST

took me three years to realise there's more than clubs in Brighton ??

A post shared by Gregorio Giuffrè ???? (@gregogiuffre) on Oct 30, 2017 at 11:48am PDT

Tb to one year ago in Brighton with the one and only ?

A post shared by Manon. (@manon_july) on Oct 30, 2017 at 2:06am PDT

Lazy Sunday strolls #dailybrighton #lovemycity

A post shared by Jemma Imber (@jpfi9) on Nov 19, 2017 at 12:16pm PST

It has some of the best brunch spots in the city:

Hove is just heaven for brunch – the choices for gourmet brekkies are endless! There are a range of options for your budget – the perfect cure for any hangover.

Another Sunday brunch.

A post shared by Aisling Brock (@aislingbrock) on Sep 18, 2016 at 3:48am PDT

Avocado burgers are thing; I can now die a happy woman

A post shared by katie tobin (@katie.binoftoes) on Jun 29, 2017 at 4:25am PDT

Saturdays gets busy. Try and grab a table while you can. #Hove #cafe #brunch #breakfast #vegetarian

A post shared by The Hidden Pantry (@thehiddenpantrycafe) on Oct 21, 2017 at 12:44am PDT

It also has its fair share of cool pubs too:

Not all of these are student budget friendly but occasionally going further a field makes a nice change from the typical haunts in town.

Getting into the holiday spirit today with a few craft beers at The Temple Bar in Brighton, England ???? @templebarbtn

A post shared by Hungry Hong Kong (@danielhungryhk) on Dec 17, 2016 at 6:37am PST

A post shared by Evie Price (@eviebudgellprice) on Nov 11, 2017 at 10:07am PST

A favourite streetcorner ✨ #storiesinstrangers #thisisbrighton #thisishome

A post shared by N a d i a M e l i (@nadiameli) on Dec 21, 2016 at 3:58am PST

Next time you feel like venturing beyond the confines of Brighton, or just fancy a change of seen, get down to Hove.