Image may contain: Person, People, Human

Celebrate women’s fitness this week with This Sussex Girl Can

This week will be packed full of female well-being events on campus

Sussexsport and Active US have announced a week packed full of events championing female fitness, health and well-being on campus. This is in light of the national campaign 'This Girl Can', organised by the British Universities and Colleges Sport.

This Sussex Girl Can will run from Monday 20 – Sunday 26 November. There will be a range of exciting activities throughout the week including free Active US sessions for female students; a triple trail boxercise masterclass; weightlifting workshops; outdoor fit sessions and free martial arts club sessions for female newcomers. All Active US events are drop-in sessions. However, for all over events you will need to book your place here.

Image may contain: Working Out, Sports, Sport, Fitness, Exercise, Person, People, Human

Additionally, the usual discounted swimming offers will include the women swim sessions at all the participating pools this week. All other sessions this week will be free of charge and are open to all Sussex students and staff who are self identified women, transgender or non-binary. Check out the weeks timetable of events here.

There will also be opportunities to grab some fab freebies including This Sussex girl Can t-shirts, gym bags and the chance to win a Fitbit Flex 2 at giveaways throughout the week.

Get involved with the week using the #ThisSussexGirlCan hashtag on social media and show the impact of women's fitness and well-being on your life.

So get involved, make the most of the free sessions and giveaways and let's show Sussex that this Sussex girl can.